Match Thread: Exeter City v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Exeter City v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
St.-James-Park-Exeter-City.jpg

So, back on the road again, this time versus Exeter City at St. James' Park in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the summary by @The Imposter of what Tom Shaw said in his pre-match press conference (link below).
- Read the Q&A with an Exeter City supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle). Then, of course, vote on the poll once that has been started!

Buzzing for the game today even though it'll be the first game I've ever attended by myself. We're on the way back from a family holiday in Newquay today and I've persuaded the wife that we should stop off in Exeter on the way home. She's going to take the little one around the city centre while I watch the imps storm to a 5-0 win.

Buzzing for the game today even though it'll be the first game I've ever attended by myself. We're on the way back from a family holiday in Newquay today and I've persuaded the wife that we should stop off in Exeter on the way home. She's going to take the little one around the city centre while I watch the imps storm to a 5-0 win.
Good man! I just hope all our new found confidence is not musplaced!!

Brilliant😃😃 Managed to do the same a good few years back. Been to Cornwall and we were at Torquay on the day we came home. Managed to persuade wifey and she took the kids round Babbacombe model village whilst I got to cross Plainmoor off the list. Drew 1-1 so a decent result too 😃

I have to say if I’m watching the EFL highlights show I always have to look twice when Exeter are on as their home shirt looks very similar to one of ours at first glance.
It’s going to confuse me when I watch later

I had three aunts who lived together in a house in Heavitree, I remember visiting them several times in the early 1970s. Because of that, I always associate Exeter with brown paisley wallpaper, chipped china teacups and the smell of old women.*

* This assessment may not be representative of the city as a whole.

Im going to put 5pounds on us to score 3 or more goals i have got 7-1 against come on you mighty imps please play like you did tuesday night you was brilliant i was so proud of that performance

A good opportunity for three on the spin albeit Exeter won't be as open as Charlton were at times I suspect.

Can't imagine we'll change anything? Maybe Bishop for Smith? Difficult to change the midweek side though but have to be mindful we have another midweek game, too.

Doesn't feel like we have a great record against Exeter bar a couple of wins under Cowley (3-0 away and 3-2 at home).

Team news for both sides will be live on the link provided below at 14:00!

Team news is now live for both sides on the link provided below!