MATCH THREAD Everton 12-30 3 Feb AWAY | Page 11 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD Everton 12-30 3 Feb AWAY

So disappointing to lose 3 points like that, we should have put the game to bed when we went ahead. Can't say they deserved a draw,they really are poor and we didn't take advantage as per usual. Gutted. Anyway onwards and upwards C.O.Y.S.

It’s just school boy defending. Van de ven had a better go at that header rather than Romero who barely gets off the floor. There needs to be more leadership in that box. They should be helping vicario. Clear out some of the players

If we don't learn to adjust tactics during games....we will not take the next step. Figure it out guys....in games like this certain players struggle....Udogie had an assist early, but sucked the rest of the game. Bents poor, BJ was out there I think not sure. Seriously is anyone scouting these other teams.

There are many factors that make a great football team.

Being strong and defending balls into your box is one of them.

The fact is that neither of our CB’s are dominant in the air (on crosses) and that is a major weakness for us.

I was at least happy to see Vicario catch rather than punch durning the 2nd half.

Everyone is saying that Maddison was great. He was also the reason we lost the midfield. He didn't fight as hard as he needs to in these games.

Southgate will no doubt wait another 3 years before Branthwaite gets a call up.
Yeah, Ange might have played Maddison off the left or right today (cutting in) and playing a midfield 3 or Hojbjerg, Bentancur and Sarr.

Well am gutted, bet if that had been a late equaliser by Spurs off-side would have been given, arm n hand but no line for it, I fcuking hate VAR and twat head Michael Oliver.

Every time a Toffee player went down foul was given against Spurs.

Everton full back gets a Yellow for gobbing off at the lines man then a bit later dives accusing Richi of fouling him, he didn't even touch him, why not a 2nd Yellow thus a Red.

Maddison yep! he is getting there but in reality he did not battle hard enough in midfield, so he still needs time.

Hoj! I was saying to Mrs PY, he aint playing to bad but and its a big BUT he has it in his locker/game to make to many basic mistakes, tries to pass to a player who is marked or the pass is poor.

Richi MOM for me worked his bollox off n scored 2 cracking goals deserved a hattrick.

When 1-2 up we should have put the game to bed, poor finishing, poor final ball, but must admit the GK saved em with 3 or 4 excellent saves.

Ah well an undeserved drop of 2 points, but on to the next game, this young team is still in its learning phase.

As I said earlier I am GUTTED! COYS

I thought we were above average today, mainly because we never controlled the game in midfield and our attackers just didn't get into the game. Everything came down to Richi being relentless and getting two extremely good goals.

We just never win the midfield with Hojbjerg when he starts and Bentancur has gone a little off the boil in the last few games.

We really miss Son. We need Madders back to full sharpness. We need our wide attackers to find form.

Saying all that though, I always think a point at Goodison is a positive because that crowd really is volatile and impact the game massively.

Tough one to take but I don't blame Romero or our defence for their winner. The biggest culprit for me was Kulusevski giving away a lazy free kick in such a dangerous area so late in the game. And we gave away too many set pieces through our inability to keep possession further up the pitch. Consequently our defence was under the cosh for the afternoon. And in the main it handled it all very well.

A lacklustre performance overall but not too surprising in the circumstances given that we only played Brentford just over two days ago.

That was disappointing; arguably our worst performance of the season. We looked somewhat jaded and our free flowing football forgot to flow. Not many positives apart from the efforts of Richi and VDV who I thought were our two best players. A fair result.