Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

bristolimp - 22/10/2017 16:18

I agree about spending well

But being tight and not spending is certainly not spending well.

Green looks like a washed up player.

Perhaps he needs a rest or perhaps he is best on the wing.

We need to sign a quality forward or even loan one - they cost money

You realise we have to wait until January don't you? Other than free agents. It's just you sound like you think they should be signing someone now.

If we can get a free agent do so.

Scunny signed church and looked what happened turned around the match.

The club have to repay the fan base and sign a player worthy of starting place.

One of the more moronic tropes you'll hear from hard of thinking football fans is 'spend more money'. There's more to it than that, as DC has alluded to many times. We have the best manager we've had at City for nearly 40 years, I'very got complete trust in him to get things right, and in the mean time I'm going to get behind my team, including Matt Green (who is a good striker btw).

I think Green is past his best. Going to Birmingham and then the bad injury took its toll

If they don’t sign someone who knows where the net is we will finish bottom half. It’s not like last year we are being punished by teams who are more clinical.

Yesterday’s football is not good to get 6k+ season tickets renewed.

We don’t have a big enough squad to cope with poor form and injury.

Had we signed someone in August Green could have been rested.

Green looked worse the longer the game went on. Consistently playing him will do his confidence no good.

Irrespective of how much we pay we simply can not afford to not reinforce.

I would suggest we need someone now and someone in January.

The winter pitches will take their toll we will have players off form injured suspended etc.

The club needs to make this a priority

There will be fit players out there.

Just because they are unemployed doesn’t mean they are unfit.

It match fitness comes in a couple of weeks. They could play in that u23 competition.

Theo Robinson wasn’t unfit was he.

5800 + season tkts.

Im sure Danny knows what we want and whom and it just might not be available now.
How do we know that somebody isnt being trialled or looked at right now!?!
In DC we trust ! 150%!

I think some are being very harsh on Green. Yes, he's not proving very effective at the moment and probably lacks confidence. Maybe theres a reason for that and we need to look a little deeper. For the first two or three games we were raving about Green - he hit the back of the net and was causing all sorts of problems for defendrs. So what has changed? I'm not sure what it is but, IMHO, Green seems too isolated in games and is having to do a lot of work on his own, for very little reward. Often he gets into great positions or creates things for himself but there is non-one to take advantage of what he creates. On that basis its no wonder he's lacking a bit of confidence and gone off the boil. The strikers were a lttle more 'together' at the start of the season. At the moment Green & Palmer and the wingers/midfielders seem to be too far off each other and not providing enough support to each other, especially to play the quick, short interchange passes in and around the box you need to play at this level. Maybe the Rhead/Green partnership was more evdient or successful earlier in the season, but Rhead hasn't been playing recently so Green has lost a partner he understands better than Palmer, who seems to play better on his own and doesnt seem to gel well with Green. To me that is why DC is so keen to get to January unscathed and find the right partner for Green (or Palmer for that matter). Hopefully he'll come alive then. I don't know if this is the reason or the answer to our striking woes, but thats just how it appears to me. One other thing I've noticed is that theer are less balls into the box from the midfielders and wingers - probably because we don't have a recognised CF in there - and we seem to be playing more posession-retaining football, ie more square and backward passes. This may leave us a bit more exposed to the opposition if they press more. As I said, this is just how I see it - others may disagree. In the meantime, I'm reasonably happy we are holding our own and will kick on when then time comes.
In DC I trust and UTI.