MATCH THREAD Chelsea 2/5/24 19-30 away | Page 14 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD Chelsea 2/5/24 19-30 away

Watching us at the moment is a bit like reliving the charge of the light brigade, the players all charge forward to the edge of the opposition box then get picked off by snipers.

That was embarrassing. If our captain, up against a 17 year old making his first ever start, then goes missing for the whole 1st half what chance have we got?

Ange needs to look at who he can rely on and who just hasnt got the right stuff. I include his coaching team as well.

We dont deserve anything from the recent run of games and the players, managers and coaches are all equally culpable. Shocking

its all about expectation setting and to be fair our incredible start got into the minds of us on here and the level went up....which of course leads to mucho disappontment when wheels come off. So in perspective yes last nights performance was awful. I was actually amazed that the team did not have the desire and application to put right the total injustice of their win at ours! We should have players who have strong hearts and desire to 'get revenge' in terms of a result. Ange needs to review everything at the end of ths campaign ,and push on, so quite a few need to go I'm afraid.

Its like many of the team are happy at potential 5th place (if we manage it) and are already on their holidays.

How does Ange deal with this mentality? Move on the lightweights for sure.

If we do not revise the team we will lose the shining lights like VDV who is for sure under the spotlight of the usual suspects. He was the real one with that desire last night whilst our captain for example was not leading (and never really does) and that I think is the biggedt mistake Ange has made this season ....Son is NOT a leader or a captain.

As I have said...I want to give ange a full summer and another season to mend the elements which are not right before I slate him or as some on here keep repeating 'is cowardly'...these are negative nonsense comments IMO. HE is no coward...he was totally brave to take on the legacy of Morinhio and Cunte!

its all about expectation setting and to be fair our incredible start got into the minds of us on here and the level went up....which of course leads to mucho disappontment when wheels come off. So in perspective yes last nights performance was awful. I was actually amazed that the team did not have the desire and application to put right the total injustice of their win at ours! We should have players who have strong hearts and desire to 'get revenge' in terms of a result. Ange needs to review everything at the end of ths campaign ,and push on, so quite a few need to go I'm afraid.

Its like many of the team are happy at potential 5th place (if we manage it) and are already on their holidays.

How does Ange deal with this mentality? Move on the lightweights for sure.

If we do not revise the team we will lose the shining lights like VDV who is for sure under the spotlight of the usual suspects. He was the real one with that desire last night whilst our captain for example was not leading (and never really does) and that I think is the biggedt mistake Ange has made this season ....Son is NOT a leader or a captain.

As I have said...I want to give ange a full summer and another season to mend the elements which are not right before I slate him or as some on here keep repeating 'is cowardly'...these are negative nonsense comments IMO. HE is no coward...he was totally brave to take on the legacy of Morinhio and Cunte!
I agree with most of the above but not the last sentence. Bravery and cowardice come in different forms, whilst I don't actually consider it was brave to take the job, I do think his failings in not conceding we have a problem at set pieces is either stubbornness or stupidity. By not being ruthless or honest in dropping say Son - that to me is cowardice, and definitely not the action of a manager. Plus I don't see by saying that it's negative, if people didn't offer opinions on something they believe in/care about, then that's also cowardice....all IMO of course.

Let's face it. We were struggling to get over the line in the home games against the bottom half teams and other than the Villa game we have struggled away from home since October.
The last three results have been entirely predictable. We cannot play the way we have been playing and keep getting away with it.
I can only see us beating Sheffield United now. If Burnley still have something to play for they will get something against us. IT goes without saying that we will be soundly beaten by Liverpool and City.
I know it is wrong to sack Ange now but we will be wasting another season if we keep him on. He is out of his depth and will not last beyond Christmas.

Let's face it. We were struggling to get over the line in the home games against the bottom half teams and other than the Villa game we have struggled away from home since October.
The last three results have been entirely predictable. We cannot play the way we have been playing and keep getting away with it.
I can only see us beating Sheffield United now. If Burnley still have something to play for they will get something against us. IT goes without saying that we will be soundly beaten by Liverpool and City.
I know it is wrong to sack Ange now but we will be wasting another season if we keep him on. He is out of his depth and will not last beyond Christmas.
You may well be right, but equally you could be entirely wrong. Personally, I think we're still only 3 or so players away from being a very good team.

The issue for me, is Ange desperately needs to show some pragmatism in is approach, without that, I can't see how we can progress when other coaches can see exactly what to do to counter us.

We have to give him next season. He's learning some harsh lessons at the moment, let's not just waste them., as it would look to me that we'd be throwing the baby out with the dirty water.

You may well be right, but equally you could be entirely wrong. Personally, I think we're still only 3 or so players away from being a very good team.

The issue for me, is Ange desperately needs to show some pragmatism in is approach, without that, I can't see how we can progress when other coaches can see exactly what to do to counter us.

We have to give him next season. He's learning some harsh lessons at the moment, let's not just waste them., as it would look to me that we'd be throwing the baby out with the dirty water.
Can’t argue with any of that Ex. He is learning some harsh lessons and we have some fine players. The mentality still seems as weak as ever though.

Watching us at the moment is a bit like reliving the charge of the light brigade, the players all charge forward to the edge of the opposition box then get picked off by snipers.
TQ as a VET myself please do not compare Spurs attack to what I certainly have been in Lol!
Oh yes Light Brigade n Snipers mmmm!