Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-The-Valley-Charlton-Athletic-7-scaled.jpg

So, we're back on the road again, this time versus Charlton Athletic in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about tonight's referee (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Baffling how Charlton are in the position they are with the players they have. Difficult one to call with it being Jones first home game.

Have a sneaky feeling we'll not risk House from the start and play Taylor up on his own perhaps with Mandroiu tucked in behind, although if Draper sneaks into the squad then I'd probably start House.

Mitchell for Jackson.

House to start on the bench, maybe come on after an hour. Taylor to start (not sure if Draper will be fully fit yet) with Mândroiu alongside, both to be provided for by Hackett-Fairchild who has been a revelation since coming back from injury. Bishop to support from the centre and Sorensen to provide the crosses from the right flank. A game I am much looking forward to watching on i-Follow.

Baffling how Charlton are in the position they are with the players they have. Difficult one to call with it being Jones first home game.

Have a sneaky feeling we'll not risk House from the start and play Taylor up on his own perhaps with Mandroiu tucked in behind, although if Draper sneaks into the squad then I'd probably start House.

Mitchell for Jackson.

Do you know how long Jackson is scheduled to be out for ?

Charlton haven't won since November and barely won a game in the league since they played us at home.

Early goal will be crucial if we can get it. We should be confident we can make it three on the spin though.

Depends if he plays with a mask but I imagine a broken nose as a CB isn't ideal!

Possibly a mask but the game may come too soon for that given the injury.

Feel sorry for him, been in such good form this season and been available for more or less all games.

The SW vlog was quite revealing. The Charlton vlogger was quite resigned by Charlton’s performances and was very clear that Appleton and the Board were responsible for their current position, partly due to selling their two best players. He seemed quite clear that the squad as a whole is greatly lacking confidence at the moment. Not sure how much of an impact Jones will have at this early stage, so hopefully we can take advantage of that 🤞🤞

First trip to the valley for me tonight. Last two games have eased the pressure, feels like a bit of a free hit tonight with the pressure all on them. Be interesting to see what we do with the midfield.

Mitchell for Jackson is the no brainer for tonight.
Hopefully Draper will be fit enough to rest House.

In the midfield, maybe Hackett with Duffy at LWB, although more likely Mandriou for McGrandles and leave Reeco alone.

If Danny does come in he's going to need a big performance in there as it feels like he is getting further away from the pitch all the time.

I think the result tonight is as clear as our team selection, think I'd take a draw although a win is a must if this season is to be anything but mid table...
sod it 1-2 to the might Imps let that winning run continue :)

I see Charlton season ticket holders can bring a friend for free tonight; under normal circumstances, that would certainly increase the gate. But most Charlton fans say they are too ashamed to bring anyone at the moment!