Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Just think what points we would have been on with No injuries and Skoobs and his assistants been in charge from the start of the season. Now back to where are now which is a great achievement Do not anybody under estimate what OUR Club has achieved in recent times and we need to give our appreciation to those BEFORE and the present Board who have helped us get to where we are now.

Just think what points we would have been on with No injuries and Skoobs and his assistants been in charge from the start of the season. Now back to where are now which is a great achievement Do not anybody under estimate what OUR Club has achieved in recent times and we need to give our appreciation to those BEFORE and the present Board who have helped us get to where we are now.

Or perhaps this is a new style and if playing the same way over the whole season we’d have been found out more in the second half than what we are being now.

A balanced view

I would love to have Hamilton and McGrandles available as I think we will get found out if we manage to get into the play offs.
A season of maybes and could haves. However a very enjoyable ending however it ends.

Amazing to get 6 points from this Bank Holiday weekend, two tough but very different fixtures. We have a really clinical edge now.

Lots of people said it already, 5 more cup finals!

Or perhaps this is a new style and if playing the same way over the whole season we’d have been found out more in the second half than what we are being now.

A balanced view
Fair comment but that’s the same for all sides Need to introduce something different If they don’t they will be found out like you say

How many teams got 6 points this BH weekend? I don’t know the answer, but irrespective of our great run, getting 6 points across a BH weekend should be appreciated I think.

I would love to have Hamilton and McGrandles available as I think we will get found out if we manage to get into the play offs.
A season of maybes and could haves. However a very enjoyable ending however it ends.
I’m also concerned our midfield shortage will hit us at some point, but we are now at the game by game stage where a bit of luck at the right time and our never say die attitude might just see us through.

If we do make the playoffs, the achievement by Skoobs will be monumental. A big shortage of fit forwards during the first half of his games, followed by a decimated midfield after that.

An incredible achievement therefore even being 6th.

Last edited:
3 points make the 400 mile, 12 hour day out more than worth the effort. It’s just so great for every minute of every game at this stage of the season to mean so much. 6 points over Easter, 2 tougher looking games than Oxford’s and 2 points gained on them.
Blackpool, Stevenage and Orient virtually eliminated, Imps or Oxford for that last spot.

Just watched the goals on Twitter with the benefit of footage from behind the goal. The Taylor finish is effortless and inch perfect as he uses the defender as his sighter to bend it round him. The Bishop fk is definitely a proper postage stamp job.