Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Brunton-Park-Carlisle-United-2-scaled.jpg

So, we're back on the road again, this time versus Carlisle United in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Every games a tough un, but for Carlisle this really is a must win game. Backed by two excellent results they will be full of confidence for what I think will be our hardest match of the run in. Luckily, Ethan is back to anchor the midfield. His absence was very apparent on Friday and he could well be the difference that will keep our fabulous run going. A point on the road is always a point gained, but we really need the three. 🤞 for today. Come on lads 👊💥👏

They are 13 points from safety so are probably down, just unfortunate that they have just had a couple of decent results against Stevenage and Peterborough but prior to that they had lost their previous 12 out of 13 games !

A win isn't imperative but we are playing a team bottom of the league and with Oxford at home to Fleetwood and Stevenage having a slightly trickier trip to Charlton we really could do with the 3 points to keep the pressure up on those two.

Should have that bit better balance to the team today and if we show half the form of the Barnsley, Camebridge and Bristol games we should come away with a victory.

That's the theory 🤞

Carlisle will have to attack and go for the win, so I hope that will play into our hands and we can effectively counter-attack and press - press like a Makama!!

UTI

It's not as important as not losing to Oxford but looking at our fixtures and the run ins of our competitors, I would personally say that a win rather than a draw is extremely important today.

A defeat would be highly damaging and at this stage of the season as games run out clubs are playing roulette - two bad results and you're a 'gonna' (sic).

They are down and only playing for pride and to get a bit of momentum for next season. Seems they've enjoyed causing a couple of upsets to promotion contenders the last couple of games, but if we play the way we can now that Erhahon is back, we should have too much for them.

It’s not going to be easy and another game in the run in that looks tricky IMO, especially given the last couple of results for them. In some ways Carlisle are down so they can play with the handbrake off so to speak. Ethan back is massive for us but we need to be better all over the park from Friday to get the 3 points.

Afternoon all. IFollowing today as a 400 mile round trip on a Bank Holiday just didn't seem like a good idea. I will be at Reading on Saturday as that's a mere 250 one for me!!
As others have said a game we really need the 3 points from to keep the play-off run going. Won't be easy. Carlisle playing with a bit of freedom knowing they are as good as down and in Mellish have a striker with confidence after his hat-trick at Posh. I'm sure they'd rather not be relegated in front of their home support so they'll be up for the game. First goal today will b very important

Afternoon all. IFollowing today as a 400 mile round trip on a Bank Holiday just didn't seem like a good idea. I will be at Reading on Saturday as that's a mere 250 one for me!!
As others have said a game we really need the 3 points from to keep the play-off run going. Won't be easy. Carlisle playing with a bit of freedom knowing they are as good as down and in Mellish have a striker with confidence after his hat-trick at Posh. I'm sure they'd rather not be relegated in front of their home support so they'll be up for the game. First goal today will b very important
FYI, Mellish is a midfielder converted from a lcb.

Mandroiu took a decent whack on the foot on Friday and Bishop was limping towards the end of the game so we might see House in midfield again?

Please remember, that there is a separate thread to discuss today's other League One matches...