Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City (100,000 Not Out) | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City (100,000 Not Out)

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Abbey-Stadium-Camhridge-United-3-scaled.jpg

So, back on the road again, this time for a trip to the Abbey Stadium versus Cambridge United in League One, bringing up my 100,000th post on this forum!

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about tonight's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Cambridge United supporter (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Michael Skubala said in his pre-match press conference (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Didn't realise Jules' dad was a pioneer! Well done to both. This forum only enhances every internet or phone enabled fan's support of his club!

I just wish it had existed in my Murphy's, and KA's days when I was overseas relying on two week old Sports Echos for news.

In my Lincoln-based Graham Taylor days the equivalent was my local pub, but this forum is far cheaper and has a much greater range of worthwhile opinions (mostly unclouded by alcohol too! LOL).

My thanks to Jules and also historically to his dad!

100K is a lot and very much appreciated.

On to the game, a change tonight being that it’s the first game under Skubala you may have us as slight favourites although the bookies go just the other way. At the very least it’s very winnable.

A stronger squad than Saturday with Hamilton and O’Connor back. The former comes straight back in but Paudie may have to wait if the back 3 from the weekend are fit.

I again beat the drum for Shodipo to start. I’m not sure who we’ll go with down the middle. If it’s Vale he’ll have a challenge against two big, experienced centre halves.

Looking forward to it and hoping for the best.

UTI.

100K is a lot and very much appreciated.

On to the game, a change tonight being that it’s the first game under Skubala you may have us as slight favourites although the bookies go just the other way. At the very least it’s very winnable.

A stronger squad than Saturday with Hamilton and O’Connor back. The former comes straight back in but Paudie may have to wait if the back 3 from the weekend are fit.

I again beat the drum for Shodipo to start. I’m not sure who we’ll go with down the middle. If it’s Vale he’ll have a challenge against two big, experienced centre halves.

Looking forward to it and hoping for the best.

UTI.
First game under Skubala in what way?