MATCH THREAD: Bristol City v SUFC | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD: Bristol City v SUFC

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
The Sheffield Kneelers take on the Bristol Statue Topplers today in a contest to determine who is better at the football.

Will the Sheffield Kneelers create a single chance? Or will 0-0 be the aim from the off today resulting in no attempt to do so?

In any case, it promises to be thrilling, if by thrilling you mean the opposite of thrilling.

Does Basham come back in, or are we still not too keen on playing our best players?

McPub to continue in his pioneered role as pretend centre forward, or should we stick 'Big' John Egan there and hope for the best?

One prediction of mine is Weimann to score in the last 10 minutes. Our feeble bottlers like to concede at that time, and every time I see Weimann has scored it is invariably late in the game.

Do share your thoughts on this, the day of the football.

I appear to have been 8 minutes late on this, the day of the football.

NAC has beat me to it. But make no mistake, this will keep him on his toes. So not a total waste of typing.....

I appear to have been 8 minutes late on this, the day of the football.

NAC has beat me to it. But make no mistake, this will keep him on his toes. So not a total waste of typing.....

As long as we are victorious in the pre kick off show of subservience nothing else matters does it?

Is it me, or did all our extended thigh and hamstring injuries coincide with the pointless charade of kneeling..?

Well, our downturn in form and sustained decline did. So yes, maybe. Probably. Why not.

I like to think karma is punishing us for introducing the footballing world to this hideous practice it now just can't seem to shake off.

Crawling around on the ground coincided with Wilder having a cerebral aneurism, every player becoming absolute dogshit and a run of 50 games without a point or a goal scored as well as more injuries than we collectively suffered in our entire history previously.

It's fair to say that grovelling and prostrating has turned us into a very large but unfunny joke, especially as the opposition who stand tall watching with incredulity collectively know they can take an easy 3 points with just a modicum of effort.

Well, if my opponents were kneeling I'd be more determined to beat them and emboldened by the weakness they demonstrate.

I'd like to know Wilder's thoughts on this. There's no way it represents his position on such matters. He's far from 'woke'. Boro not kneeling is noteworthy. It must have been at least a bit uncomfortable for him. The weirdness of it all exacerbated an already weird time, during peak Covid. It drove me away from football and SUFC massively and I still have zero interest in going back. Wonder if it had any such kind of effect on Wilder?

But as long as McKnee is happy. That's the new purpose of SUFC.