MATCH THREAD .. Brighton 10 Feb home | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD .. Brighton 10 Feb home

That's a shame. I think we're really missing Bissouma in that number 6 position even though he wasn't at his best before he left.
Definitely. Him and Maddison were brilliant in the transition. Bissouma was creating a lot from deep with his drop of the shoulder move. We miss his defensive brain as well.

I get his form dropped but he is miles ahead of anyone else we have in the 6 role.

Much as I love what Ange is trying to do, I feel we are going to come up short this year partly due to poor game management. We seem to finish games so poorly. We paid for it yesterday and we have been getting away with it in recent games. Everton at home, Bournemouth at home, Burnley at home, Man U away and Brentford at home - in all of those games, we conceded more than presentable chances with just about the last kick of the game. Is this the team running out of steam, poor game management or has Ange yet to rid the team of the Spursy tag.Either way, we simply give up too many chances to be a successful team. I accept we have had to deal with injuries, suspensions and international call ups but so have several other teams.
I also feel that the physical demands that Ange puts on the team are taking their toll, not just with the injuries but also with the energy levels which don’t seem what they were at the beginning of the season (thank god we are not in Europe).
Every time I watch Villa I se a team that is ahead of us in terms of coaching and game management even though they do have flaws too.
Bottom line is I think this season is one season too soon for Angeball.
This is not meant to be a rant more a discussion point. I love what we a trying to do but as yet I don’t think we are close to where Ange wants us to be.

This should be a great game, two teams who will not back down. Is Bissouma available - he had a four match ban. He has missed three games plus the Burnley FA Cup game. Does the cup game count as part of his ban?

That's a shame. I think we're really missing Bissouma in that number 6 position even though he wasn't at his best before he left.
Definitely. Him and Maddison were brilliant in the transition. Bissouma was creating a lot from deep with his drop of the shoulder move. We miss his defensive brain as well.

I get his form dropped but he is miles ahead of anyone else we have in the 6 role.

Was thinking exactly the same thing when watching yesterday's game. If we had Idrissa Gueye in our line-up, that game would have been won by us. Even at 34 he was the rash over our players all game. He was also very good with the ball.

Bissouma is the only one in our squad that has those same qualities.

Vic
Porro. Drag. Micky. Udog.
Romero
Sarr. Madd. Bents./Biss/Gio
Richie. Werner.

As others have said have Romero as a buffer between m/f and defence. This doesn't make us negative because Romero is decent at bringing the ball out, but should make us stronger defensively.
Give Bents, or Biss or Gio half a game each depending on fitness.r

Kulu and Johnson from the bench if necessary.

Vic
Romero
Richie. Werner.

As others have said have Romero as a buffer between m/f and defence. This doesn't make us negative because Romero is decent at bringing the ball out, but should make us stronger defensively.

I'd definitely go with that team total.

With Kulu and Johnson so out of form there's no point perserving with them for now.

We can get the width from Porro. Sarr, Romero can cover when he moves up.

That extra player in midfield will give us far more control.

Sarr, Bentancur and Maddison all have a few goals in them to compensate for Kulu/Johnson.

Much as I love what Ange is trying to do, I feel we are going to come up short this year partly due to poor game management. We seem to finish games so poorly. We paid for it yesterday and we have been getting away with it in recent games. Everton at home, Bournemouth at home, Burnley at home, Man U away and Brentford at home - in all of those games, we conceded more than presentable chances with just about the last kick of the game. Is this the team running out of steam, poor game management or has Ange yet to rid the team of the Spursy tag.Either way, we simply give up too many chances to be a successful team. I accept we have had to deal with injuries, suspensions and international call ups but so have several other teams.
I also feel that the physical demands that Ange puts on the team are taking their toll, not just with the injuries but also with the energy levels which don’t seem what they were at the beginning of the season (thank god we are not in Europe).
Every time I watch Villa I se a team that is ahead of us in terms of coaching and game management even though they do have flaws too.
Bottom line is I think this season is one season too soon for Angeball.
This is not meant to be a rant more a discussion point. I love what we a trying to do but as yet I don’t think we are close to where Ange wants us to be.
Absolutely brilliant post. The only issue I take is, I don't think Ach has the ability to take us where we want to be. The flaws (which I eluded to earlier)) are beginning to surface ....

Vic
Romero
Richie. Werner.

I doubt that would ever happen, sadly.

I'd love to see a different line up, but I think we're set up to play a certain way and whenever we go narrow we end up getting drawn into blind alleys.

Sonny should be back a week today at worst so we should have a full squad for the Wolves game a week on Saturday.

What I'm interested to see is who will be the first senior player to not make the match day squad. You can obviously only name 20.

I don't recall a game all season when we've had that dilemma. Early season, we had no access to Bents and it was before Werner and Dragu came into the equation.

My best squad would be

Venom, Forster
Porro, Udogie, Emerson, Sess
Romero, VDV, Dragusin
Biss, Bents, Sarr, Gio, Madds
Kulu, BJ, Gil or Solomon, Werner
Richi, Sonny

So no place for Davies, Hoj, Skipp, Gil, Solomon or Gil

Can't wait to find out.

What I'm interested to see is who will be the first senior player to not make the match day squad. You can obviously only name 20.

I don't recall a game all season when we've had that dilemma. Early season, we had no access to Bents and it was before Werner and Dragu came into the equation.

My best squad would be

Venom, Forster
Romero, VDV, Dragusin
Richi, Sonny

Can't wait to find out.
Mutters who is the other Gil, 2 ov em sounds fishy. lol! COYS

My best squad would be

Venom, Forster
Romero, VDV, Dragusin
Richi, Sonny

Can't wait to find out.
I honestly wouldn't have Sess in the squad Mutters mate,don't think he will ever fulfil his potential,too injury prone,which is a shame for the lad.