Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Bolton-Wanderers-Stadium-General-View-2-scaled.jpg

Well, football is back and it is Bolton Wanderers away to start the 2023/24 season at the Toughsheet Community Stadium!

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the fantastic Q&A with a Bolton supporter (link below).
- Read the superb summary by @hulloutpost of what Mark Kennedy said in his pre-match press conference (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle). Then, of course, vote on the poll once that has been started!

Only other time I’ve been to Bolton was the FA Cup trip in Chris Sutton era. Remember pretty snowy over the M62 and very icy around the ground. Seem to remember the number of Imps caught Bolton out so some people were late in. I was in the lower tier but think we were in both , today is upper I believe.
I did think that going again in August I would be able to go in just my shirt, but Storm Antoni has other ideas.

To be fair it feels like football’s never stopped!
I've not watched either World Cup which has probably helped avoid burn out. Can't wait for the season to get going, A draw or even better would be amazing. Even a narrow defeat with good team and individual performances wouldn't be the end of the world given the opening fixture.

Might as well get one of the tough uns out of the way first. Difficult to predict how things will go with a new core of players to settle in. What we do know is that our solid rearguard is still looking good and no doubt Housey will be looking to put the icing on the cake after a very happy week for him. Heaven knows what time the match will actually finish though 🤪. UTI 👊💥👏

I'm think Hamilton on the bench for this one with not having many days with the squad.

I also think Roughan will be LB instead of Brown, with Eyoma in at CB.

Great having many options though, all without loanees too. I have to say I have absolutely no idea what will be our first choice or strongest starting eleven this season!

Looking forward to it.

Wouldn't look much past the starting line-up for Rotherham for the first 11 with Walker, Wright, Eyouma, Hamilton, Duffy, Benn & Makama on the bench. Bishop pending injury either instead of Smith or Reeko with Benn dropping out of the sqaud.