Match Thread Blackpool v Wigan | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v Wigan

Much better performance. Played a much better formation and utilised players correctly for the first time this season. Moved the ball forward instead of backwards and looked a lot better team for it. Hamilton actually played OK (never thought I'd say that) and we look much more comfortable at the back with Casey there.
Couple of valuable lessons learnt here Critchley;
NEVER play Ekpiteta again
NEVER play Dale again
NEVER play Carey again

The quote of the day!
Made to eat my words Sask!

Not sure many of us expected him to play as he did yesterday. So what happened?

Ciritchley playing him in his best/favoured position? Knowing he now has outright competition for a place with Dembele arriving at the club? Or possibly finally realising he needs to put in a shift for a full 90 mins.

Question is will it be a once in a blue moon performance or will we see it every week?

If we do I’m sure we will all be delighted as any player with genuine pace who can create chances is a huge asset at any level.

Now where’s that piece of humble pie….😳

Made to eat my words Sask!

Not sure many of us expected him to play as he did yesterday. So what happened?

Ciritchley playing him in his best/favoured position? Knowing he now has outright competition for a place with Dembele arriving at the club? Or possibly finally realising he needs to put in a shift for a full 90 mins.

Question is will it be a once in a blue moon performance or will we see it every week?

If we do I’m sure we will all be delighted as any player with genuine pace who can create chances is a huge asset at any level.

Now where’s that piece of humble pie….😳
btw, I felt the same way before kick-off!

Ole, ole ole ole, CJ . . . CJ

That has got to be his best performance since the Nobbers last year. Back in his more suited role of winger instead of wing back. I think Wigan's attacking style of play actually made it easier for us to play our better game. We struggled before with teams getting 11 behind the ball. Few tweaks to the lineup and a more free flowing take it to the opposition style of play instead of possession based sidewards at the back and we actually looked like a good team for the 1st time this season.

Mr Tickle put in a real shift for Wigan or we could have easily had 3 or 4 before the 90 minutes were up. UTMP