Match Thread Blackpool v Cheltenham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v Cheltenham

Phew! Cruising the 1st half and looked like it was going to be a Cricket score. They then changed things around and we just didn't cope with it. Grimmy at fault for both of their goals. We missed Husband's calmness at the back tbh; still a wins a win and up to 6th. Must vastly improve for Saturday though or we're going to suffer.

3-2 we made very hard work of that.
Lancs saying Grimshaw should have done better
I think he thought the flag was going to go up. The officials again had a shocker. Just before that he came out made a brave save and injured himself then the flag goes up. It's a load of bollocks this flagging afterwards. Just bloody flag! Someone will get seriously injured.

Critchley going nuts 2nd half. Go up go forward. Dropped in to playing their game not ours

Thomson was all over the place 2nd half. He had Grimmy flapping and Kenny covering at full back. He dropped a bollock about 3 times too. Not good enough.

There's a growing amount of fans questioning Weir too. He doesn't seem to be friends with anyone and looks disinterested. Jury is out on Morgan too for me.

Lavery had his best half game for a long time. Kenny was class as was Dembele.

I'd still like to know if we are going to be missing Norburn, Dale, Husband and Lyons for any length of time. Our second string players will struggle against the better teams like they did against the bottom team tonight.

Dembele looks like class at this level. I think someone mentioned this in another thread but he seems to see the game and act that little bit quicker than almost everyone else on the pitch.

Looking at Rhodes' goal again, he comes from wide right, eyes on the ball the entire time, and when it is deflected sees it all the way and has the skill and nouse to direct his header to the bottom corner. So talented and amazing piece of skill. Really do hope we can find a way to keep him but think Huddersfield would be crazy not to take him back in Jan so not optimistic of our chances :(

Thomson was all over the place 2nd half. He had Grimmy flapping and Kenny covering at full back. He dropped a bollock about 3 times too. Not good enough.

There's a growing amount of fans questioning Weir too. He doesn't seem to be friends with anyone and looks disinterested. Jury is out on Morgan too for me.

I'd still like to know if we are going to be missing Norburn, Dale, Husband and Lyons for any length of time. Our second string players will struggle against the better teams like they did against the bottom team tonight.

Agree with most of that, but actually thought the first half was the best we'd seen Morgan look - I thought the deeper role suited him as he played some great cross field passes.

Last edited:

Dale and Lyons were available on the bench last night

Cracking first half we should have been 5 up, I think their change of personnel and formation at half time went some way to improve their play, it certainly helped with their possession., and we seemed to have activated the careless gene for long periods. They were all long balls to the edge of the area or the box and we should have dealt with that much better as we had with Stevenage. Their 1st was well offside and still not sure how he managed the second from that tight angle but very happy with another 3 pts.

Suspect we will be at full strength for Peterborough on Saturday.

I think he thought the flag was going to go up. The officials again had a shocker. Just before that he came out made a brave save and injured himself then the flag goes up. It's a load of bollocks this flagging afterwards. Just bloody flag! Someone will get seriously injured.
Said exactly the same last night. Marv did his hamstring last season chasing and tackling a ball that the liner eventually flagged for offside

Dembele looks like class at this level. I think someone mentioned this in another thread but he seems to see the game and act that little bit quicker than almost everyone else on the pitch.

Looking at Rhodes' goal again, he comes from wide right, eyes on the ball the entire time, and when it is deflected sees it all the way and has the skill and nouse to direct his header to the bottom corner. So talented and amazing piece of skill. Really do hope we can find a way to keep him but think Huddersfield would be crazy not to take him back in Jan so not optimistic of our chances :(
Thought it had just hit Rhodes ala Stevenage. Watched rhecreplay at the match and held my hand up straight away, deliberate and fantastic bit of skill.
He is in the Bowler situation, he can only play for Udders and us this season.
A lot will depend on Moore and how they are doing under his stewardship. At present 6pts clear of the relegation places at the minute. Can see us signing him for a token £100k as he I'd out of contract in the summer.
Certainly worth a 18m +1yr option

Dale and Lyons were available on the bench last night
Fair point. Maybe I should have pondered or enquired as to whether they will be considered for regular first team action over lesser players when we have a propensity to struggle versus crap teams as well as good teams.