Match Thread Blackpool v Bristol Rovers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v Bristol Rovers

Thought we did well today against a side that tried to play football.
Great first goal, Norburn had a decent game.
Sloppy equaliser, poor from Grimmy who made up for it late on with a wordie save.
2nd half best start with Beesley finishing off a move.
We pressed hard and we broke away for our 3rd. Dembele flicks the ball over to Joseph.
Now bear in mind he is pur marquis signing, desperate for a goal and he runs, stops cuts back and crosses it to Rhodes.
We have no one else at the club who would fi ish it like he dud.

Deserved win.

John, that one was for you👍
UTMP

Dougalls absence:

He’s been training in the last couple of days and is in contention; he’s got a personal matter that he needs to look after and needs to resolve,” he explained.
"Hopefully he can, and we can, resolve that as quickly as possible. That’s where he’s at, at the moment.
"We’re hopeful that will take care of itself quickly and won’t drag on. We just need to wait and see.”

Norburn's best game by far. At about the level we all expected from him. Hopefully we will now see the same levels of consistency regularly.

Carey had a great game, his energy and his possession was impressive. Dembele man of the match. Lyons was run ragged by their no. 11. Their whole team were strong, physical and at us. Very much a template for most teams in the league.

Our defence do look really slow. They had more shots on goal than us, 7-6. Grimmy again nearly beaten at the near post, slow at coming out a couple of times but a couple of decent saves was enough to make amends.

The ref had a wobble for about 20 minutes, that goalkick he didn't give, the foul on Dembele he didn't give and a couple of other bad decisions in quick succession. Why do we have to play against poor officials too regularly?

Joseph just wants to be successful, he needs to calm down a bit sometimes and let it come to him. His assist for Rhodes' goals was right in front of me. He looked across as he got the ball, the first defender got in front, the 2nd level and when he crossed it it was perfect to miss the heels of the 2nd defender. What a contribution!

CJ had a couple of moments 1st half beating his man down the wing and his final ball let him down 2nd half he did the same. He was unlucky today, he will get a couple right in an important game.

All said we were good value. We had the quality and that told. As for their number 9 giving it the 'big 'un' at the Kop, I was waiting for him at the tunnel at FT to give him some pelters. Don't know how he sneaked past! 🤡

The atmosphere was better today. The south had a few more in it. You hope after every win that that will be a confidence booster. I hope once again it is!

And after watching the nobbers lose last night, (🤣🤣🤣) 2 poor teams, we should believe we can challenge at least for the play offs!

From Brizzle forums

Credit where it’s due though, Blackpool have probably been the best team we’ve played this season. There’s a reason they hammered Pompey at their own place.
That Dambele is going places
Dembele looks a very good player for them although we are making it very easy for him.
Good game - thought Blackpool had more energy and definitely pushed more of a threat with the excellent Dembele and the constant spectre of Rhodes.
agree with you mate 👍 Blackpool looked like they had another gear or two in them and we just looked a few yards behind them for most of the game but especially second half.
It's obviously not good to loose but I wasn't too disappointed with what I saw today. I thought we played OK. I think we were largely undone by a player that was clearly a class above anyone else on the pitch, Dembele.
If anyone wanted to know what the spine of a top 6 side looked like then look no further than Pennington, Hamilton, Dembele, Rhodes and Beesley. They were excellent for Blackpool all game.
It's funny because I honestly believe, if we had Rhodes in our team we would be in the top 6 easily, his movement off the ball was next level. I honestly can't remember seeing a striker cause us that many problems for quite a while? A very clever striker, could get near 30 goals this season. Even if the rest of the team aren't really very good, him and Dembele will see them in the play offs.
They had another gear if they needed it and were never chasing the game and created far more clear cut openings and chances than we did.
Dembele was the difference. He's some player.
Rhodes was a class above today, always looking to run off the shoulder of the last man, really dangerous, marginally offside a couple of times. Got to say he's the best striker I've seen at this level for quite a while. Dembele is some player also.
Got to say Dembele and Rhodes look a class above, and if Dembele is only 20! Wow what a fantastic talent. Keep them fit and you've got two true match winners in your side, can't see any reason why you can't get promotion. Best of luck for the rest of the season, apart from when you visit us!
Let’s remember Blackpool were a championship side last season & went to leaders Portsmouth 3 weeks ago & won 4-0 & will be among the challengers this season.