Match Thread - Barnsley Home | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Barnsley Home

Norburn made a couple of good defensive interventions, gave away the ball which lead to them nearly scoring and got a great assist for them with a weak header that skimmed off the top of his head where his brain should be but isn't. I have no confidence in him at all at the moment but next season is a new season and who knows if he will regain the form he showed at Peterborough

Norburn made a couple of good defensive interventions, gave away the ball which lead to them nearly scoring and got a great assist for them with a weak header that skimmed off the top of his head where his brain should be but isn't. I have no confidence in him at all at the moment but next season is a new season and who knows if he will regain the form he showed at Peterborough
Balanced opinion.

The game completely changed when Shitburn came on. We started to try and play defensively like we do in away games instead of that attacking attitude. Both goals for Barnsley were directly attributable to his mistakes and we lost all impetus. He is a massive liability in this team and I simply cannot understand why he was brought on then. Gabriel, Virtue et al, yes, but why bring him on? Was it to try and defend and shore up the lead? If so, big mistake Critchley because he can neither defend or attack.
As soon as he came on my head went in my hands and my Missus was worried I was ill and actually said was I OK?. No, I wasn't I replied, watch this now! And I was proved correct.

Luckily, and I mean that most sincerely folks, we held on for the 3 points. BUT, if Critchley puts Shitburn in the starting lineup at Reading - we're stuffed. Goodbye playoffs.

The game completely changed when Shitburn came on. We started to try and play defensively like we do in away games instead of that attacking attitude. Both goals for Barnsley were directly attributable to his mistakes and we lost all impetus. He is a massive liability in this team and I simply cannot understand why he was brought on then. Gabriel, Virtue et al, yes, but why bring him on? Was it to try and defend and shore up the lead? If so, big mistake Critchley because he can neither defend or attack.
As soon as he came on my head went in my hands and my Missus was worried I was ill and actually said was I OK?. No, I wasn't I replied, watch this now! And I was proved correct.

Luckily, and I mean that most sincerely folks, we held on for the 3 points. BUT, if Critchley puts Shitburn in the starting lineup at Reading - we're stuffed. Goodbye playoffs.
We're doomed with Critchley anyway. Crap manager. Time will tell, it waits for no man. Abandon all expectations.

He was brought on as Byers was knackered and he's the closest thing we have to him.
Carey has stepped up over recent weeks and I've been his biggest critic.
Confidence plays a big part in a lot of our players
Yesterday showed what we are capable of.
Think we are going to finish just short but our takeaway delivery driver is a huge Horwich fan and last night as he popped over with our oriental delight he was telling me how they are dreading us getting that 6th spot and having to play us in the playoffs. Said we are on a fantastic run and
Hitting form at just the right time.
Was a little reminder to me of how other fans' view us.
Haven't lost a home league game since late November.
I'm hopeful for next season.
I would have taken a top 8 finish and 3 decent cup runs after last year's shit show.
Norburns first full season after a horrific injury hopefully he can show us some consistent form next season to be the player we thought he was at Posh.
I'd like us to sign Byers Coulson and Rhodes.
Rhodes on the pitch with his kids yesterday- his lad must have been about 15m old. Had a little ball and took it to the north all the way up and scored a 'goal'.
Like father like son.
Someone shouted to Coulson sign a contract and he gave a big thumbs up.
My lad works with a shedfull of Bori fans who say he's fucking shit and they'd happily drive him down here and pay us for the pleasure of him.
JHC even CJ had a good game yesterday😁.
Confidence.

Agree Paul, and yes I was the same when they brought Shitburn on. And @SeasideEssexXile it was Lavery they took off at his usual 70 minute (or just after) mark for Shitburn, not Byers. That after we'd just conceded our first. We then suffered our most horrendous backs to the wall pressure I've seen all season.

Shitburn has turned 33, the same age as Rhodes when he arrived. He isn't going to get any better, his body will not recover to his previous best of half decent L1 player. Byers and Coulson are head and shoulders above his standard. We should be aiming to tie them down and replace Shitburn with similar quality to the former 2. Every team in L1 has 2 or 3 better than Shitburn and we are supposed to have a decent budget. Get the lad from Fleetwood, Lawal. He's a better version of Kouassi and he's local but now in League 2 so possible for us to snap up.

Makes you wonder what's going on with our medical team? We turn away Colby Bishop because he's supposedly got injury issues flagged up. But we sign the crock (of shit) Olly Nogood who is finished. Joseph who was injured. The lad from Southampton who is injured and the lad from Southampton who is injured. Neither of whom have we seen yet. 🤷

I went after the players went off the pitch. Most trudged off quickly, Coulson, Dembele and Grimmy stayed on a fair bit longer. I hadn't realised they were coming back on. No announcement that we normally get, or did I miss it? Saw the pictures online later.

Agree Paul, and yes I was the same when they brought Shitburn on. And @SeasideEssexXile it was Lavery they took off at his usual 70 minute (or just after) mark for Shitburn, not Byers. That after we'd just conceded our first. We then suffered our most horrendous backs to the wall pressure I've seen all season.

Shitburn has turned 33, the same age as Rhodes when he arrived. He isn't going to get any better, his body will not recover to his previous best of half decent L1 player. Byers and Coulson are head and shoulders above his standard. We should be aiming to tie them down and replace Shitburn with similar quality to the former 2. Every team in L1 has 2 or 3 better than Shitburn and we are supposed to have a decent budget. Get the lad from Fleetwood, Lawal. He's a better version of Kouassi and he's local but now in League 2 so possible for us to snap up.

Makes you wonder what's going on with our medical team? We turn away Colby Bishop because he's supposedly got injury issues flagged up. But we sign the crock (of shit) Olly Nogood who is finished. Joseph who was injured. The lad from Southampton who is injured and the lad from Southampton who is injured. Neither of whom have we seen yet. 🤷

I went after the players went off the pitch. Most trudged off quickly, Coulson, Dembele and Grimmy stayed on a fair bit longer. I hadn't realised they were coming back on. No announcement that we normally get, or did I miss it? Saw the pictures online later.
The headbutted said it at the end - players will come back out.
Coulsons' little girl was totting off down the touchline clapping and waving to.the fans🤣

Think Coulson and Rhodes are nailed on for ne.
Byers - depends on whether his contract is up.ir not and what division the massive are in next season.

The headbutted said it at the end - players will come back out.
Coulsons' little girl was totting off down the touchline clapping and waving to.the fans🤣

Think Coulson and Rhodes are nailed on for ne.
Byers - depends on whether his contract is up.ir not and what division the massive are in next season.
Stood by the tunnel at the end with Seasider93 and said my farewells as I saw 🐍 going to the Kop "Right I'm not stopping behind to watch the fisting!" 😁

Can't wait for him and Shitburn to both go.

All Shitburn contributes is gobbing off to everyone, pointing out his orders, hiding from the ball and inevitably, if the ball comes near him, stuffing it up. Can't stand the bloke; he's up there with Diamond, Chopra et al ...

The first 60 minutes of the game was up there with our best of the season. We were dominant, full of energy, feeding players in at pace with slick measured passes and a threat every time we went forward. Contrast that to the shambolic mess we turned into after Norburn came on and we seemed fortunate in clinging on to our advantage by our fingernails.

Was he really this shit or has he just become devoid of passion and talent since slotting in to Critchleys dire system?

Still something to play for at Reading on Saturday so we may yet salvage something from this season

The first 60 minutes of the game was up there with our best of the season. We were dominant, full of energy, feeding players in at pace with slick measured passes and a threat every time we went forward. Contrast that to the shambolic mess we turned into after Norburn came on and we seemed fortunate in clinging on to our advantage by our fingernails.

Was he really this shit or has he just become devoid of passion and talent since slotting in to Critchleys dire system?

Still something to play for at Reading on Saturday so we may yet salvage something from this season
Some people still rate him! 😇🤣

Norborn has been a real disappointment. On paper he was exactly what we've been after for 2 years but not to be.

Byers has (unsurprisingly given his history) been brilliant and showed that actually, with some CM of that quality the team works better. Byers and Dougall for a whole season and I think we look totally different.