Match Thread - Barnsley Home | Vital Football

Match Thread - Barnsley Home

So we arrive at a must win game having blagged 3 consecutive one nils against crap opposition with the same season long, unattractive style of play.

Wonder how this one will play out as, given Barnsley’s away record, you wouldn’t expect them to not go for a win to secure a play off place.

After 44 games and with an impotent strike force we need to find something from anywhere today to take the season to the final game.

If we do then what chance another stinker of any away performance at Reading?

Think it will be a tense afternoon with potentially many twists and turns.

Will be interesting to hear the story of the day later from those who are there.

So we arrive at a must win game having blagged 3 consecutive one nils against crap opposition with the same season long, unattractive style of play.

Wonder how this one will play out as, given Barnsley’s away record, you wouldn’t expect them to not go for a win to secure a play off place.

After 44 games and with an impotent strike force we need to find something from anywhere today to take the season to the final game.

If we do then what chance another stinker of any away performance at Reading?

Think it will be a tense afternoon with potentially many twists and turns.

Will be interesting to hear the story of the day later from those who are there.

Well summed up Lakey. Don't think many sane of mind Seasiders can argue with any of that. Personally I'm thrilled that it's the last home game of the season. I've got lots of stuff to be getting on with at home, gardening, DIY and decorating. And most games this season I've attended have been akin to watching paint dry!

A very nice day today for football, 11C to 12C, not much wind, dry and slightly overcast, perfect. I did a little midweek recce over Bloomfield Road this week with my drone and can confirm the pitch looks in great condition for our slick, quick, exciting football 🤪

I must hold my hand up, I never thought with 2 to go we would still be in with a very slim chance that we have. The Tykes will fill their end. They love Blackpool and with us regularly pulling in over 10k home fans I'd imagine it'll be close to 12.5k today. And if like you say we win and results go our way then we have to go through all the butterflies, nail-biting and checking latest scores next week. At least we don't do dull off the pitch!

Neil Critchley has named his Blackpool side to take on Barnsley in Sky Bet League One.

Starting XI:
Grimshaw, Husband, Pennington, Byers, Carey, Dembele, Coulson, Beesley, Lavery, Ekpiteta, Hamilton.

Subs: O'Donnell, Gabriel, Norburn, Joseph, Virtue, Casey, Kouassi.