MATCH DAY THREAD : Tottenham v The Mighty Blades | Page 6 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Tottenham v The Mighty Blades

How was Sander?

I saw that one good run down the right but not much else.

Does he look in good shape?

The main thing we have to play for now is his value.

How was Sander?

I saw that one good run down the right but not much else.

Does he look in good shape?

The main thing we have to play for now is his value.
Honestly
I thought he struggled to get into the game, but, he has been out for ages
Hard game for him to be honest

The period he's missed this season is just infuriating. You couldn't make it up.

Massive, record signing like that, so badly needed and he effectively misses the whole season.

Our luck definitely ran out there. JOC's injury started it, Berge's confirmed it.

Put two players like that in, and we're competitive. Lose them, we're garbage.

I thought Berge gave his usual performance, trotted around nowhere near an opposition player, played the easy pass and repeat. Nothing I have seen suggests he is worth what we paid for him. His attempt at heading the ball showed his prowess in the air, abysmal.

I thought Berge gave his usual performance, trotted around nowhere near an opposition player, played the easy pass and repeat. Nothing I have seen suggests he is worth what we paid for him. His attempt at heading the ball showed his prowess in the air, abysmal.
I didn't expect a top class performance from a player who has been out for so long
but I hope he stays for next season (doubt it but the Prince might agree?)

I didn't expect a top class performance from a player who has been out for so long
but I hope he stays for next season (doubt it but the Prince might agree?)

Sorry personally I am only concerned with his performance in Blades shirt and I haven't seen anything more than average IMO

Berge's a very good footballer in my opinion and it'll be interesting to see who comes in for him this summer and what sort of fee they'll be offering i hope he stays at BDBL,i don't think he will tho unfortunately.UTB

Stick Berge next to a Nick Montgomery type with a Mark Duffy as the number 10 and a front three in front of them and we'd see what made him a title winner in Belgium.

Apart from maybe Didzy no one is thriving in the 5-3-2 we're playing - but play it we must, no matter how record breakingly bad we are. Heckingbottom's not going to rock the boat, his stint as continuity caretaker only proves to me he's just about distancing himself from this relegation.

I sincerely hope Berge stays with us til January at least. A spell in the Championship under a proper manager could be the making of him in English football.

It might be good for Berge to stay and play in the Championship for a season but it just would not seem reasonable for us to keep him, and for him to give a season of his career at the stage he's at to second division football.

Are you saying he isn't a good player mate?

His performances in a Blades shirt have been underwhelming. Does he fit into the system Wilder/Hecky play, I would say no, not his fault its whoever bought him. Will he improve possibly with better players and a system that suits him. Doubt it will be with us, as Wilder said we where a stepping stone for him and Hecky has said his future is not up to the manager or coach. Fans have different opinions on players mine is for the fee paid he hasn't improved the team significantly. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up hopefully we get a decent wedge back again hopefully to invest.

Well the stars would have to allign for Berge to stay. All dependent on whether we can budget for it, whether the new manager could make him an effective part of the side, whether Berge would be committed to spending time in the second tier.

Examples like Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell, Sarr and Kabasele could be used to convince him to stay. Berge could potentially dominate Championship games in a way he just hasn't been able to playing In the PL under Wilder's system.