MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Preston North End | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Preston North End

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So after the fantastic result on wednesday finally confirming what we all knew would happen 😉 we have another home game for the players and fans alike to thank each other for the positive final destination... Terrific season overall, thank you for not taking it all the way to the bitter end for once....

Anyway..

Any team news? 😊

Suggestions changes should and will be made... Norwood and Fleck coming in? (didn't the 2 City lads just return from a Saturday off?)

Sharp starting?

Look there's a lot of reasons why certain players should make an appearance at some stage today. However surely first of all we owe respect to other teams still battling 😜😂 for points for different reasons. It's inevitable we won't necessarily approach it like a 'cup final' but it's our final home game of the season and we are still as fans (and players) in celebratory mood. So let's get a satisfactory result and sit back and watch who else implodes and is in meltdown. I think we know who I'm mainly referring to... Enjoy the match fellow Blades, 2-1 win I say...

UTPB

It's so weird to wake up not stressing about the match. Would love to see some of the young'uns given a chance....we need to find the next Illiman etc

I am not really bothered about a points total. It’s all about preparation for next season. Put Jebbo and Osula up front and Coulibaly in midfield. Enda at LWB, he deserves that after years of good service. It’s a party atmosphere let’s just enjoy it without stress.

It's so weird to wake up not stressing about the match. Would love to see some of the young'uns given a chance....we need to find the next Illiman etc

I'm not as close to the U18's and U21's as I used to be, but Jebbo will come through fully, I reckon. We've got Osuala and Couilbaly who look like serious prospects, and Oli Arblaster who's been schooled for first 11. Behind them there is a wealth of possibles in the U21's. Hackford, Gordon, Marsh, Brooks, and quite a few more. In the U18, there's Peck, and Sachdev standing out, and the conveyor belt just keeps rolling. Its a big step from U21 to first team and not many make it, but we've got a lot trying hard.

We need to be careful not to upset the EFL by playing a weakened side Germaine.It was gr8 at Wembley that Billy& Bash got on the pitch,they both deserved to be involved and i wouldn't be surprised to see Billy start today cos i think he's done well when he's come on lately and i'd love to see him bag his 250th goal today. Hope all BLADES(TRUE or not) really enjoy a stress free match day. UTB

Last edited:
I'm not as close to the U18's and U21's as I used to be, but Jebbo will come through fully, I reckon. We've got Osuala and Couilbaly who look like serious prospects, and Oli Arblaster who's been schooled for first 11. Behind them there is a wealth of possibles in the U21's. Hackford, Gordon, Marsh, Brooks, and quite a few more. In the U18, there's Peck, and Sachdev standing out, and the conveyor belt just keeps rolling. Its a big step from U21 to first team and not many make it, but we've got a lot trying hard.

Sounds positive FKB and much more so than it used to

We need to be careful not to upset the EFL by playing a weakened side Germaine.It was gr8 at Wembley that Billy& Bash got on the pitch,they both deserved to be involved and i wouldn't be surprised to see Billy start today cos i think he's done well when he's come on lately and i'd love to see him bag his 250th goal today. Hope all BLADES(TRUE or not) really enjoy a stress free match day. UTB

Very true Rod....and yes no 250 has to happen v soon 🤞. Wish I was there...am sure it will be a great afternoon at the Lane

A game day with no stress, absolutely lovely.

Nothing came of Huddersfield's complaints to the EFL about the side Burnley put out at Reading so we can do some tinkering. Lose this and the teams going for 6th and 5th will play hell - tough titty. The gaffer will be looking to get at least 5 points from the last three games to get us to that 90 point mark.

I'd start with Jebbo and Billy up top. Five subs lets us be flexible and we're going to be seeing some of these lads at Bramall Lane as United players for the last time. Billy, Fleck, Enda, Osborn, potentially Norwood, an end of an era.

Play strongest team available, its the last home game fans deserve it, Bring on others later in the game. Lets finish with a win and a good performance, both Man city loanees should start

With Preston pushing for play offs and Huddersfield still in with a chance of going down we owe it to the others in the mix to put as strong a side as possible out brum last game where nothing rides on it I’d agree with