Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So back to business, this lunchtime, with the visit of Nottingham Forest. While things took a turn for the worse last week, not much has really changed, other than still needing to probably win all our games, and needing Leeds to lose rather than simply draw. I say take care of our own results, and wait and see what happens... Forest on a run of three straight defeats, and playing pretty badly by all accounts. According to what I've read their fans are expecting a bit of tonking today. I wish I was as confident as them that we'll win handsomely....

anyway...

Any team news? :)

Sharp and Basham both out injured...

Egan suspended

Presumably that's the end of the bad news?

JOC still ok?

Madine the likely replacement for Sharp?

Really looking forward to this today, get myself in the bar about 10.30 UK time, and enjoy match after match on TV supping at 70 pence a pint :) Happy Days. I do not expect an easy game though, but I am positive for the right result. 3-1 Blades win, Madine brace :)

UTB

Hogan and Madine up front, Didsy in behind for me. Crainie to drop in at the back, might even push Edna inside and leave Crainie in LWB. May we see the return of the Lundy..? Who knows but whatever happens...ANY KIND OF WIN WILL DO..!

Hogan and Madine up front, Didsy in behind for me. Crainie to drop in at the back, might even push Edna inside and leave Crainie in LWB. May we see the return of the Lundy..? Who knows but whatever happens...ANY KIND OF WIN WILL DO..!
Why wud ya play Cranie at LWB Pops?:giggle: Crainie & Dickie to come in for Egan &Bash,Hogan in for Billy to play off the Weshin Machine but as allus worever LORD WILDER decides will get my full backin.HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY BLADES wherever you are.UTCB

Well even though CW rejected my tactical masterstroke, it was hard to argue with the rest. Lord, we were slow moving the ball in the first half. Forest sat in with a five and one in front, (a lá 'jambon bleu') to frustrate us and stop us playing. It worked really well, tbf, but wasn't a plan to win the game, as borne out by Pantsillion time wasting with three minutes on the clock. So if the little shoving match just before half time could have come ten minutes earlier it might have been some use in putting a bit of fire into us.

Half time. Might just be me, but a protracted segment about departed Blades (Bless them all, RIP), but a strange thing to put in the middle of a blood and thunder game?

Second half we were as good as we'd been poor before the break. The sending off could be construed as a bit harsh with the keeper on his line, but it opened the game. Thought Duffers had blown the chance by faffing about too long but buried it anyway much to our relief in the BLUT. Still dont know how Pantsillion got down to clear Didsys shot, but we started to drop deeper and let them have the ball, and visions of another Millwall finish. Fortunately Ednas finish settled the nerves and we could relax a bit and enjoy it. Reminded me of Holdsworths goal vs Hull, how it lifted the whole mood.

Special mention for our rock at the back for the last 10 minutes, John Lundstram. Didn't put a foot wrong (apart from kicking Dicky Stearman in the knackers, accidentally of course.) Didn't misplace a pass, made a couple of vital tackles. Excellent demonstration of his silky skills today.

Anyway, a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. Three to go, Leeds ahead against 10 as I write. Its going all the way to the last game.

Last edited:
Happy Easter Blades, what a day. That goal difference is priceless. Onto Hull, not easy but Leeds have Villa to play. Enjoy tonight the beers will be flowing.