MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Newcastle United | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Newcastle United

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So, with a little more enthusiasm than of late from me, we take on Newcastle in a definite winnable game. Even though they did the double over us last season when we were better... Lol. So continue this run (of six straight wins ;) ) by getting a second successive victory this evening.

Anyway..

Any team news? :)

Too soon for the injured and sick?

So go with same team but Brewster in for Mousset.

I think Burke should be coming on from the bench again, but I wouldn't be adverse to the other way around.

Anyway hopefully we can start our quest for 8 wins and 3 draws from 21 games (doesn't sound too bad that way). 2-1 Blades win. Egan scoring

UTB

This is one everyone has genuine ambitions of breaking the league duck I’m not confident but it’s more possible today against these than most of the rest

Anyway hopefully we can start our quest for 8 wins and 3 draws from 21 games (doesn't sound too bad that way). 2-1 Blades win. Egan scoring

why the quest for another 27 points that would still see us finish bottom comfortably surely it should 37 points personally I’d just concentrate on another 10 points so we don’t take Derby’s record it’s more realistic too

This is one everyone has genuine ambitions of breaking the league duck I’m not confident but it’s more possible today against these than most of the rest

why the quest for another 27 points that would still see us finish bottom comfortably surely it should 37 points personally I’d just concentrate on another 10 points so we don’t take Derby’s record it’s more realistic too
You are probably right but if we get to around 30 points at any time in THIS season, 1. I don't think we'll finish bottom and 2. We might push on and get 2 more wins ;)

I fear that Steve Bruce knows exactly how to beat us. He did it twice last season when we were playing much better than we are now.
He will set them up to defend very deep and catch us on the break.
Sadly, I will be surprised if we manage to score a single goal and absolutely staggered (but very happy) if we manage a win.
I have been wrong before (many times) but if if it wasn’t United involved, I would be very tempted to wager heavily on Newcastle at the very generous 9 to 4.

Early thoughts gone backwards too many times already and then just lumped it forward now fancying around on edge of box turning 2 or 3 chances to get it in the middle
nowts changed

Flipping back pass
Didzy should have done better!!!
Still better from the Blades!!
Keep it positive lads

wasting to much of the ball. it,ll come back to sting us no end product at all. playing well but needs to improve