MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Aston Villa | Page 6 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Aston Villa

Huge big bollocked Blades win. I wonder if Watkins had flash backs to the Brentford 2-0 game.

Villa struggled to break us down just like they did in the reverse. CW let their fullbacks have plenty of the ball knowing they wouldn't hurt us.

Sour with the sweet though, Jag's harsh red and where are Brewster and Burke's heads at after that ? No bigger insult than to sub a sub.

Huge big bollocked Blades win. I wonder if Watkins had flash backs to the Brentford 2-0 game.

Villa struggled to break us down just like they did in the reverse. CW let their fullbacks have plenty of the ball knowing they wouldn't hurt us.

Sour with the sweet though, Jag's harsh red and where are Brewster and Burke's heads at after that ? No bigger insult than to sub a sub.
He shouldn’t take it to heart it was obvious they were chucking it into the middle so mcB was needed more than Burke easy decision to make

So analysis shows if ampadu had done his job jags wouldn’t have gone who has planted this kid here he costs us time and time again

yes he played well otherwise but there’s always one in there

Burke's a strong runner but the number of times he had the chance to run the ball into area's where it would hold up Villa i lost count of,also he had a couple runs and ran straight into 3 or 4 Villa defenders.In my Opinion it was a sound substitution bringing Oli McB on to help us defend set pieces as Bully said.UTMPB

He shouldn’t take it to heart it was obvious they were chucking it into the middle so mcB was needed more than Burke easy decision to make

Commentary on BBC midlands said CW went ape after Burke fudged a header not long before he was subbed.

Obviously wasn't doing what he'd been told to do by CW and didn't provide the out ball required of him. Hoping in the celebrration it gets forgotten.

Commentary on BBC midlands said CW went ape after Burke fudged a header not long before he was subbed.

Obviously wasn't doing what he'd been told to do by CW and didn't provide the out ball required of him. Hoping in the celebrration it gets forgotten.
I keep saying it but it’s still happening the lad has no composure at all if he was given 3 right choices and one wrong you can guarantee which one he will choose

Burke's a strong runner but the number of times he had the chance to run the ball into area's where it would hold up Villa i lost count of,also he had a couple runs and ran straight into 3 or 4 Villa defenders.In my Opinion it was a sound substitution bringing Oli McB on to help us defend set pieces as Bully said.UTMPB

when you watch Burke play, you realise why he doesn't start - clueless ....and never Premiership standard. BUT he has pace, and that worries the oppo

Alex Scott on MOTD telling former England international and veteran of nearly 350 PL games Phil Jagielka how to defend.👀

🤦‍♂️

At least they reached the consensus it wasn't a red.

Alex Scott on MOTD telling former England international and veteran of nearly 350 PL games Phil Jagielka how to defend.👀

🤦‍♂️

At least they reached the consensus it wasn't a red.
It wasn't a red but i wasn't surprised when the twat changed his mind,i mean us v Vile-a there's got to be controversy it seems.I know it's been a shite season but our lads deserved a lot of credit for that effort last night.UTMPB

No but we need a 5 man defgence at times.
I’d say we’re not as solid they come through our midfield 3 easy and are then onto our defence with the extra man in the middle we are more compact and so don’t get at the defence as much

I’d say we’re not as solid they come through our midfield 3 easy and are then onto our defence with the extra man in the middle we are more compact and so don’t get at the defence as much
With Jack, Egan and Bash missing we are at a disadvantage, then we are missing Berge and that doesn't help. We are fighting for our lives and our future Bully.

With Jack, Egan and Bash missing we are at a disadvantage, then we are missing Berge and that doesn't help. We are fighting for our lives and our future Bully.
Exactly youve just quoted the reasons why we should be playing 2 banks of 4 the 3 5 2 isn’t working results have bore that out but if you can’t see it you can’t see it we’ll have to agree to differ

Exactly youve just quoted the reasons why we should be playing 2 banks of 4 the 3 5 2 isn’t working results have bore that out but if you can’t see it you can’t see it we’ll have to agree to differ
One result doesn't make 442 better Bully. Not saying I'm right either, just my view
on things.

As many have said in posts you have to play the system that fits the available players. With the 4 recognised players who normally would play the back 3 out 442 would be preferable as there would be less square pegs in round holes and it could be more compact.I hope CWs idea of putting McBurnie in the middle of defence was a joke his clumsy feet would Get VAR asking for extra pay for the extra work.