MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Aston Villa | Page 7 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Aston Villa

If we play 3 5 2 against Southamton we will lose.

They play with a high press in midfield and in the last 2 games Norwood, Lundstram and Fleck have been given no time on the ball. That is the way to totally nulify any link play because they are not technically good enough or have enough pace to evade the press.

It has to be 4 4 2 against Southampton.

For the games after Southampton we have nothing to lose and need wins so i would go 4 3 3.

We could have a team like the below.

Ramsdale

Baldock Ampadu Bryan Osborn

Bogle (when fit) Norwood Fleck

McGoldrick Brewster Burke

That gets rid of Mr Stroll about because i am the scouse Zidane (Lundstram). McBurnie because his main attribute seems to be he can defend corners, well guess what we have to win 8 games not draw them.
I don't think Stevens is on it either and Osborn is playing better.
4 3 3 will definitely suit the players we have available now, 4 4 2 will just give us a few draws which is not good enough.

BfL, did you see the list of top distance covered last night, Lunny was top
but some people won't beleive it. Norwood was second!!

BfL, did you see the list of top distance covered last night, Lunny was top
but some people won't beleive it. Norwood was second!!
I thought Norwood had a good game but for me Lunny runs about but does not have the quality we need.
In a team that has technical midfield players Lunny would probably do well but we need someone in there with quicker feet like Bogle.

I thought Norwood had a good game but for me Lunny runs about but does not have the quality we need.
In a team that has technical midfield players Lunny would probably do well but we need someone in there with quicker feet like Bogle.
I thought that Lunny at least put in a shift last night and Norwood looked solid.

Much better but good enough long term????

But he doesn't stroll mate.

Tremendous effort from all the players, backs to the wall defending definitely, should AV have made more of the extra player certainly but thankfully they didn't. Past the 11 points, as Wilder said we made less individual errors and AV didn't take advantage of any we did make, fine margins, will that continue against Southampton anybody's guess.

pissed up last night and cant remember much about the match, but fuck me great win and with ten men gonna have to watch it again ,but well done lads brilliant heard rammers were class again

But he doesn't stroll mate.
The best thing he did all night was in the lead up to the goal. He turned on the ball moved forward and then fed an accurate pass at pace. McGoldrick and Baldock followed suit. We need more of that. With our lack of technical ability we need to move the ball to feet quickly and move forwards quickly to compensate for our lack of a marqueue technical player.
These tippy tappy triangles we play on the left or right side of the oppositions area drive me mad.
Get it forward to feet quickly and get early balls in, it works with this squad and we need to do it more.

The best thing he did all night was in the lead up to the goal. He turned on the ball moved forward and then fed an accurate pass at pace. McGoldrick and Baldock followed suit. We need more of that. With our lack of technical ability we need to move the ball to feet quickly and move forwards quickly to compensate for our lack of a marqueue technical player.
These tippy tappy triangles we play on the left or right side of the oppositions area drive me mad.
Get it forward to feet quickly and get early balls in, it works with this squad and we need to do it more.
Spot on BfL that was so noticeable about the goal last night.
From us getting it back from the throw in it was a slick 12 pass move across the pitch and then back, with Didzy's pass opening them up and then Baldock's cross helping Didzy ghost in at the back post.

Vintage( 2018/9) SUFC.

I thought that Lunny at least put in a shift last night and Norwood looked solid.

Much better but good enough long term????

Lunny much better agreed - at running about and putting himself about. But creativity - zero. Ability to run and pick a pass - zero sadly. Norwood much better and not caught on the ball. Fleck - again nothing going forward of note.

Lunny much better agreed - at running about and putting himself about. But creativity - zero. Ability to run and pick a pass - zero sadly. Norwood much better and not caught on the ball. Fleck - again nothing going forward of note.

I must have a soft spot for Lunny just I used to have on others that upset our fans
like Gannon and Harper and lately our Doyler. Some have a hate that blinds them
but I find myself watching them closely and I seem to disagree with DB on every game - he give him 3 or 4 regularly but I don't.

That off my chest so looking again at the highlights to check my thoughts, I saw that no player played badly last night and no one deserved less than 7 in the rearguard action - perhaps Jags but he did take one (should have stood as a yellow) for the team. Burke was unforunate etc.

Aya, I thought Fleck did really well to clear the ball in our area and take the ball out near the end but I admit I didn't concentrate on him. I must say I thought Kean
Bryan is improving, especially as a no.5.

We fight on.

With the state of the game last night, particularly when down to 10, I reckon hopes of creativity were more than hopeful Aya.

What I did see, and like, was Fleck snapping into tackles and fighting for the cause.

A great defensive display can be just as rewarding for me and, for probably only the 2nd time this season, I thought I was watching the SUFC we know and love.

With the state of the game last night, particularly when down to 10, I reckon hopes of creativity were more than hopeful Aya.

What I did see, and like, was Fleck snapping into tackles and fighting for the cause.

A great defensive display can be just as rewarding for me and, for probably only the 2nd time this season, I thought I was watching the SUFC we know and love.

true TT it was much more similar to what we saw last season.......and we never even thought to question it then.
Wouldn't half love a midfielder that is able to run with the ball tho and attack the space...........when's Berge back?

I thought Flecky played well Germaine,he was very good with some of his tackling.It was a superb result/effort from our boys even if it wasn't a gr8 attacking display.We've gone past the Derby total which let's be fair looked a bit far away only a few weeks ago.I see the Baggies&Fulham have lost.UTMPB