marveux | Vital Football

marveux

The lads not good enough IMO for the prem due to lack of physicality and ability to defend. That's not to say he can't turn a game with a bit if individual brilliance but that alone is not good enough without the rest

Is Anita injured ?
Marveaux is like obertan to me , shows promise and then dissapears from the game wafting a leg at challenges and not tracking back.
Unfortunately not good enough for me another average player without any battling qualities

Dont think he's fit enough for Sunday but as usual I dont think Pardwho gets the best out of him as he's not an out and out winger. IMO he'd play the No 10 role better than HBA or he could fit into a midfield three supporting the lone striker eg HBA, Marv and Goof.

Maybe after another season the penny will finally drop with Pardwho just as it did with HBA ?

He was a cripple when we signed and has done nothing to dispel that view over the last two years. Too lightweight and doesn't work hard enough when we haven't got the ball.

I think Marvaux has the potential and ability to be a brilliant little footballer. He's quick, direct, can dribble and deliver a hell of a ball. I'd love to see him and HBA get an extended run in the team at the same time.

I agree about his work rate - it has to improve - but if he can start producing regularly going the other way - who gives a fuck?

The thing about tracking back, is that you don't really have to be a natural. In fact most players will do it when told by a decent manager. If they don't do it, then they can sit on the bench and give their place to someone who does. Unfortunately our squad is so small that our team picks itself, especially after a few injuries. Players have absolutely no incentive here whatsoever

Marveux has more end product than Jonas, but the point about him not tracking back is fair. He can also beat players if he needs to. Rza is right though, too much of our team picks itself, even if back up IS available it picks itself it seems. I feel sorry for Anita, hasn't done much wrong yet finds himself way down the pecking order. Shows how clueless pardew is

Toon_Demon - 8/5/2013 13:43

Marveux has more end product than Jonas, but the point about him not tracking back is fair. He can also beat players if he needs to. Rza is right though, too much of our team picks itself, even if back up IS available it picks itself it seems. I feel sorry for Anita, hasn't done much wrong yet finds himself way down the pecking order. Shows how clueless pardew is

just to pick up on this bold part.

we, as fans, don't know why anita isn't being picked. maybe he's homesick, maybe he isn't training hard enough, maybe it's another reason. we just don't know.

it's so easy to blame pardew for what we do know, we need to be careful to not lump everything that's potentially a problem for the club/team onto him, just makes us sound like we have an irrational grudge.

It's a fair point rabit, but lets be fair he didn't do a lot to be dropped (at least not that we as supporters saw), yet someone rightly pointed out the other day that he's dropped behind GOSLING in the pecking order. Something isn't right.

Ben Arfa and Marveaux will not get any extended runs simply because they are unable to stay fit. Ben Arfa has hamstring problems and Marveaux just has problems.

I don't give a shit about Pardew anymore, who he plays or doesn't. He's gone in two games time and the players know it.

Toon_Demon - 8/5/2013 13:51

It's a fair point rabit, but lets be fair he didn't do a lot to be dropped (at least not that we as supporters saw), yet someone rightly pointed out the other day that he's dropped behind GOSLING in the pecking order. Something isn't right.

true, but gosling has apparently been showing attacking threat for the second string so it could be argued that giving him a chance is actually decent management. what's the point in busting your gut in the reserves/u21s/training if you know you're never going to get picked anyway?

playing a guy trying to prove himself at a time when we need players to be busting a gut is not the most ridiculous idea, especially if something is up with anita, be it physical, mental or attitude wise.

we could go round all day taking guesses though

rabit71 - 8/5/2013 15:49

true, but gosling has apparently been showing attacking threat for the second string so it could be argued that giving him a chance is actually decent management. what's the point in busting your gut in the reserves/u21s/training if you know you're never going to get picked anyway?

playing a guy trying to prove himself at a time when we need players to be busting a gut is not the most ridiculous idea, especially if something is up with anita, be it physical, mental or attitude wise.

.. well, look who it isn't.. the miles ahead kid.. :1:

andyj1973 - 8/5/2013 15:55

rabit71 - 8/5/2013 15:49

.. well, look who it isn't.. the miles ahead kid.. :1:

:59: :59: :59: :59:

i don't know how you keep your material so fresh and original mate