Marianakis - Lifted from the good people over at LTLF | Page 3 | Vital Football

Marianakis - Lifted from the good people over at LTLF

Apollyon - 11/5/2017 19:28

Can you tell us the lotto numbers and the 2:30 at Haydock please Pope?

Gambling is a mugs game, Banger.

8, 13, 22, 31, 39, 43

There's no racing at Haydock

If this deal goes ahead, and I stress IF, I think it will turn out to be a really positive step forward for Forest. They are buying us because we are a sleeping giant with great potential, despite being run almost into the ground for the last five years - and we weren't in a great state before that. The last match gave a glimpse of that potential which is just under the surface.

We should thank our (2) lucky stars that someone is prepared to carry on funding us and building a side that can challenge for promotion to the Premiership. That is going to be the aim or why buy Forest?

The new owners will provide the structure that has been so sadly lacking, plus the heart, and with MW I see us being a completely different proposition next season. The crowds will come back with the better football, hopefully a bit more success and at last a strategy for the future.

I'm only thinking this is a positive, IF it happens.

mao tse tung - 11/5/2017 19:33

I think the club did need saving; saving from Fawaz.

I dread to think what might happen if we are lumbered with him for another season.

But it did not need saving in the context you describe; and neither did it when Fawaz took over, the talk of administration was utter bollox.

I just do not see where you are coming from with the "end in tears" bit.

Olympiakos are already a successful side, independent of any relationship with Forest.

The only way they could be more successful is if they do better in Europe; we are some way away from being able to contribute on that front.

On the other hand, he will be shelling out a tidy sum for Forest; an amount he will only get back if we get promoted.

He could start to take money out of the club if and when we do get promoted but that will only harm his investment; it would be counterproductive.

He may be buying the club to make money or it could be for the challenge; who knows?

I just cant see how a hard nosed businessman like he is, would jeopardise an investment on a whim.

He has affection for Olympicos and none for Forest.

So as a hard board businessman I would expect him to treat forest with as much care as he would any other failing, unproductive investment if it comes to that.

If he fails to make money fairly quickly he will move to avoid losing money. That's where it will end in tears IMO

Pope John XXIII - 11/5/2017 19:46

I dread to think what might happen if we are lumbered with him for another season.

But it did not need saving in the context you describe; and neither did it when Fawaz took over, the talk of administration was utter bollox.

Olympiakos are already a successful side, independent of any relationship with Forest.

The only way they could be more successful is if they do better in Europe; we are some way away from being able to contribute on that front.

On the other hand, he will be shelling out a tidy sum for Forest; an amount he will only get back if we get promoted.

He could start to take money out of the club if and when we do get promoted but that will only harm his investment; it would be counterproductive.

He may be buying the club to make money or it could be for the challenge; who knows?

I just cant see how a hard nosed businessman like he is, would jeopardise an investment on a whim.

So as a hard board businessman I would expect him to treat forest with as much care as he would any other failing, unproductive investment if it comes to that.

If he fails to make money fairly quickly he will move to avoid losing money. That's where it will end in tears IMO

I highly doubt that Kroenke at Arsenal, Moshiri at Everton, Glazers at Maure, Pozzo at Watford had any affection when buying their shares in the clubs

Even that freak at MK Dons cant claim that he has affection for MK surely to God. Its a fooking awful place

mao tse tung - 11/5/2017 16:08

CP and Popey could be right; EM may well be a psychopathic mad man who has escaped conviction by murdering witnesses and is going to bleed the club dry.

Personally, I cannot see how he has escaped conviction given the severity and sheer number of the accusations levelled at him; unless he has copied what Trump has done and staged a Coup d'état.

You would have thought that a backward Country like Greece, with a third rate legal system, would have been able to concoct enough evidence to have him put away.

Surprisingly, a quick check highlights the fact that there has not been a miscarriage of justice case in Greece since Socrates was sentenced to death in 399BC

In fact when it comes to miscarriages of justice, Greece trails the UK by 23 - 1; maybe the legal system over there is not that third rate.

If you focus on the factual aspects of what EM has done, he does not appear that demonic; after all, being a dodgy fooker is not a crime, if it was Rupert Murdoch would be doing life.

I suppose the fact that EM has the opportunity to do harm to our club does not sit easy with people, that's understandable; RM has done harm to every fooking club in the Country outside of the select few, and he gets away scot free.

I've said nothing about bleeding the club dry, you can make up any narrative you wish as per usual but that doesn't stop there being a number of genuine reasons for concern.

Interesting read. I do have my doubts as to the source being greek but that is by the by

The biggest problem the Greek fella will have is the basic cost of a player in the SBC compared to the Greek leagues. Salaries are 4 times greater for a start

Apollyon - 11/5/2017 19:54

Pope John XXIII - 11/5/2017 19:46

I highly doubt that Kroenke at Arsenal, Moshiri at Everton, Glazers at Maure, Pozzo at Watford had any affection when buying their shares in the clubs

Even that freak at MK Dons cant claim that he has affection for MK surely to God. Its a fooking awful place

Absolutely, but they are all successful examples where the clubs have been the cash cows those owners wanted them to be.

How would the Pozzos be viewing Watford right now if they had not won promotion still? And they had a cheap model via Udinese.

If you want to see unsuccessful examples, look at the team we've just sent down.

Like I say, in the short term we might get a shot at promotion but if we don't take it, I doubt this guy will patient or persistent as Mel whatshisname at Derby in keeping the money and support flowing

Mike78 - 11/5/2017 19:29

Can we all agree to give the bloke a chance and support him in investing in our club without predicting doom. Olympiacos havnt done badly, and if we get in the prem there's every likelihood we would be potentially the bigger of the two teams, why predicting the doom and gloom before he has even taken over. I know over the last 15 or so years it comes hand in hand with supporting forest, but let's look to better days.

No, we can't all agree to do that.

This bloke has already had a chance and blown it spectacularly last summer. He doesn't start at zero, he starts at least on minus thirty.

Olympiacos have not done badly, but they never habe- they are the biggest side in Greece. We played them in the European cup didn't we?

So no, he'll get nothing but scepticism and scrutiny from me until I feel he has earned otherwise.

That said, your support and my opposition will be indistinguishable on a match day

I love how Fawaz takes over & everyone other than me & 1 or 2 others were talking about revolving marble gold plated hotels, Man City & more money than sand. A new guy comes in & everyone can't wait to tear strips off him. Where were you all when Fawaz came in or at the very least when COUSIN OMAR was fooked off without any word at all.

Woanz - 11/5/2017 20:48

I love how Fawaz takes over & everyone other than me & 1 or 2 others were talking about revolving marble gold plated hotels, Man City & more money than sand. A new guy comes in & everyone can't wait to tear strips off him. Where were you all when Fawaz came in or at the very least when COUSIN OMAR was fooked off without any word at all.

So are you defending Em or not as you were right about Fawaz?

Right here, expressing concerns from the very first press conference

Can't remember reading you specifically saying anything but I'll take your word for it

I just want to hear the plans of the new owners, short, medium and long term.

What appointments lined up behind the scenes. Are they going to back Warburton. Will they give McParland a contract and more importantly a new deal for Bereton

When will they announce the friendly between Forest and olympicos. Perhaps as they have links with standard liege and for old time sake FC Kuwait led by Fawaz in a mini tournament.

What special offer will they be doing on season tickets to get the stay away fans back.

As each day ticks on we are getting closer to start of pre season. Players back in just over 6 weeks. Which is weird as football is still in full swing

So you were against Fawaz? before he was even involved in the club? What were the concerns you had before he took over?

You consistently witter on about how prescient you were but I've never seen any evidence of your concerns until a similar time that others began to express reservations.