Marc Bola | Vital Football

Marc Bola

shotshy

Vital Champions League
Middlesbrough player Marc Bola has been charged by the FA over a controversial social media post.
Nothing usual about that, you might think, until you find out that the post was made when he was fourteen years old.
Fourteen !
As Buddha said recently, the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Any sportsperson on social media should immediately delete every account they have.
Who on earth would troll through a footballers social media posts back to when he was fourteen?
It reinforces my decision never to subscribe to Twitter or Facebook.

Middlesbrough player Marc Bola has been charged by the FA over a controversial social media post.
Nothing usual about that, you might think, until you find out that the post was made when he was fourteen years old.
Fourteen !
Any sportsperson on social media should immediately delete every account they have.
Who on earth would troll through a footballers social media posts back to when he was fourteen?

Been listening to this about public shaming. It's good, definitely worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p07h3hhp

Fourteen !

one thing is for people to spend their time searching peoples old media and then to expose it.
the worst thing is that organisations feel they need to be seen as doing something irrelevant of how ridiculous it is.

are these people just trawling through available posts on social media or do they have access to archived posts?

this is so similar to the witch hunts and heresy trials never mind the soviet show trials etc.

Sounds a bit daft, going back to a (apparently isolated) social media post made when he was 14 years old.
But, on the subject of Marc Bola as a footballer. He was previously with Blackpool and whenever I saw him play he was very impressive - an attacking left back with good speed. Just the type of player we could do with at present. Didn`t realise that he`s from south London - Gillingham`s a lot closer to home for him than than Middlesbrough ..... oh well...

I read recently that there are two companies who for a fee will "research " any individual on behalf of any organisation to see what the person has ever said or written or posted in public. In today's ultra woke world I bet there is no one on this site who hasn't contravened today's "rules"

Sounds a bit daft, going back to a (apparently isolated) social media post made when he was 14 years old.
But, on the subject of Marc Bola as a footballer. He was previously with Blackpool and whenever I saw him play he was very impressive - an attacking left back with good speed. Just the type of player we could do with at present. Didn`t realise that he`s from south London - Gillingham`s a lot closer to home for him than than Middlesbrough ..... oh well...
Lancs. With you and Chris scouting for the Club SE and PR could certainly reduce their annual mileages!

I read recently that there are two companies who for a fee will "research " any individual on behalf of any organisation to see what the person has ever said or written or posted in public. In today's ultra woke world I bet there is no one on this site who hasn't contravened today's "rules"

There was a company on Dragons Den that pitched that service. I think they were backed. I don't remember the name though.

Was it the Daily Mirror or The Sun ?

Every day the social media companies store peoples data and the security services have access.
They additionally sell access (webservices) to that data by giving access to code that allows the purchaser to search the data (with certain limitations).

Every day the social media companies store peoples data and the security services have access.
They additionally sell access (webservices) to that data by giving access to code that allows the purchaser to search the data (with certain limitations).

Social Media companies employ sophisticated Hoop engineers to ensure that should the authorities (Sec Svces included) apply for data the applicants will have to put supreme energy into their jumping action. "Access" by the authorities is rigidly controlled, managed and subject to vigorous inspection.

All pretty ironic, when you consider (as you point out) those same social media companies make a fortune by selling-off huge chunks of, what is in effect, personalised data.

Social Media companies employ sophisticated Hoop engineers to ensure that should the authorities (Sec Svces included) apply for data the applicants will have to put supreme energy into their jumping action. "Access" by the authorities is rigidly controlled, managed and subject to vigorous inspection.

All pretty ironic, when you consider (as you point out) those same social media companies make a fortune by selling-off huge chunks of, what is in effect, personalised data.
That kind of depends how far up the food chain you go Lancs.
While access is controlled, there are quite a few ways for the clever guys to circumvent.
Of course, this info could never be used as evidence.

That kind of depends how far up the food chain you go Lancs.
While access is controlled, there are quite a few ways for the clever guys to circumvent.
Of course, this info could never be used as evidence.

I didn`t say it couldn`t be accessed - just that it`s controlled and nowhere near as "easy" or "matter of fact" to acquire than most would realise. CPIA was/is a factor at all levels, including next to the River. No need to circumvent (lawful means) if done in the right way.

There was a company on Dragons Den that pitched that service. I think they were backed. I don't remember the name though.

I think that was the opposite, in that you could hire them to clean up your online profile and remove any negative Items about you so potential employers would never find it.

It wos the FA wot dun it after some sad life bought it to their attention.
Get it on
Bang a gong

I think if you take the view that whatever you write will be there forever it focusses the mind.

During the 2019 general election a number of candidates (from various parties) had to "stand down" because they had written something inappropriate 10, 15, 20 yrs previous when they were young or at university.

Somehow these were uncovered even though the accounts had been long deleted. I dont know how they were found but they were.

Mick, both the Libdem and Labour candidates had to stand down for North Devon and then last minute, the sitting Tory decided to quit so all three had to scramble for candidates.
Libdem and Labour were both because of historical social media.