Maradona Dead | Page 2 | Vital Football

Maradona Dead

I've atrached below the declassified letter regarding the bombing of the ship I was on. Nowhere near the exclusion zone.
Yep, full of fuel for the fleet and drums of oil for the harriers.
29 May 1982 - the luckiest day of my life.

Screenshot_20201126-213504_WhatsApp_copy_984x1427.jpg

I've atrached below the declassified letter regarding the bombing of the ship I was on. Nowhere near the exclusion zone.

View attachment 43857
You made it back thank goodness ,so sorry for those who did not and those mentally and physically scarred.We should not forget...

View attachment 43857
That is a tale to tell your grandchildren and a most interesting insight into the harsh realities of conflict. So glad you made it home. The eternal truth about war is that the politicians who send young people to fight rarely face the danger themselves.

That is a tale to tell your grandchildren and a most interesting insight into the harsh realities of conflict. So glad you made it home. The eternal truth about war is that the politicians who send young people to fight rarely face the danger themselves.
So True Bear on both sides.

I recall making friends with some Argentinians after our respective sons drew a very good game at the World Youth Chess Championships. I apologised for Thatcher and they assured me that Galtieiri was a madman too.

I recall making friends with some Argentinians after our respective sons drew a very good game at the World Youth Chess Championships. I apologised for Thatcher and they assured me that Galtieiri was a madman too.
Cannot think Why you would apologise like or dislike Thatcher she was not the invader...Argentina invaded a British Territory not the other way around.

I don't blame you for parochial thinking Prem but they're not the facts. Let's just say that I know somebody VERY high up in the British military as to what REALLY happened and why.

Glad you made it back Sexy!

Don't think that as a youngster I appreciated how lucky I was on that day until many years later.
The explosion of the bomb literally threw people around.
They were using depth charge bombs with the intention of looking for the QE2 so the explosion would have ripped open at the bottom of the ship.
We ran out on to the stern to see what was happening and the cheeky twunts started taking pot shots at us with pistols from the open end of the Hercules....

We were the lead ship for the Canberra & the Atlantic Conveyor sailing from England to Ascension Island.
The Conveyor was lost to an exocet. RiP

:cool:Margaret Thatcher is the most popular Prime minister of all time,beating even Churchill and she still is.Our greatest State's person ever:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The evil witch was so divisive that she even divided the Tory party. She began the destruction of the great post war welfare system that served the health and education of my generation so well.
She was economically incompetent working only to line the pockets of her cronies. Take just one example, North Sea oil and gas. Thatcher sold it off. Norway retained ownership , invested the capital it generated and used the interest to fund its wonderful welfare, health and education system. Our bonanza has gone into the pockets of the world's wealthy, Norway still has her wealth and it is working hard for the country.

I note Benn turned on the tap to North Sea Oil under Wilson so he could have done what according to you Thatcher should have done.The Car industry was ruined by Benn as well but that is history.

Have started a thread in Off Topic if you wish to continue to discuss Thatcher, Prem as this thread is in 100 percent football. Perhaps there should be a 50 percent handball forum in honour of Maradona ?