Mansfield Town... | Vital Football

Mansfield Town...

Class isn't it. For once I agree. A great light hearted video that hopefully gets her on the fa council :clappy:

davidnatt - 25/7/2017 17:56

Class isn't it. For once I agree. A great light hearted video that hopefully gets her on the fa council :clappy:

It takes gender equality to a whole new level. You go girl!

Casperimp - 26/7/2017 10:17

I actually say good luck to her! Too many old school tie brigade at the FA.

I want to think this (and it's not just the FA, but football as a whole) but it definitely veers into tragic territory. Football needs more female leaders, and English football needs to shake off some of the old suits but I'm not sure she's the one to do that. Mansfield had sponsored cheerleader equivalents last season called 'One Call Girls' (yes really!) that she defended, and crap like this probably just helps to set attitudes back rather than forwards.

Apparently the video wasn't meant to be public, but I'm not sure how it would have been successful privately with the FA of all people?

Rasenimp - 25/7/2017 18:37

I want to think this (and it's not just the FA, but football as a whole) but it definitely veers into tragic territory. Football needs more female leaders, and English football needs to shake off some of the old suits but I'm not sure she's the one to do that. Mansfield had sponsored cheerleader equivalents last season called 'One Call Girls' (yes really!) that she defended, and crap like this probably just helps to set attitudes back rather than forwards.

Apparently the video wasn't meant to be public, but I'm not sure how it would have been successful privately with the FA of all people?

I agree with you. The video and the song are truly awful. :oops:

Football, in fact, any business only needs female leaders if they are qualified for the role. I am all for equal pay, but I am totally against the PC world where a woman gets a job because it is seen as PC. I do agree about the old suits, and I really have no idea what qualifies them for the role. I do not and never have understood the statement that a business needs more female leaders, what is needed is more qualified leaders. Gender should be irrelevant.

Impartiality - 25/7/2017 19:52

Football, in fact, any business only needs female leaders if they are qualified for the role. I am all for equal pay, but I am totally against the PC world where a woman gets a job because it is seen as PC. I do agree about the old suits, and I really have no idea what qualifies them for the role. I do not and never have understood the statement that a business needs more female leaders, what is needed is more qualified leaders. Gender should be irrelevant.

Or is running the club because she's knobbing the owner.

Impartiality - 26/7/2017 11:52

Gender should be irrelevant, but it clearly isn't. By having more female leaders you would start to break the glass ceiling, encourage people to get involved and have a bigger pool of talented people to pick from. I don't think that's a PC place to start from.

I guess Radford isn't a great example to start from though, as per the One Call girls and the nepotism.

Impartiality - 25/7/2017 19:52

Couldn't agree more. I tire of the PC line. Jobs should go to those best suited to them! If that happens to be a woman or a green skinned, 3 armed hermaphrodite then the very best of luck to them.
That Harriet Harman used get right on my wick.

NottyImp - 25/7/2017 22:02

Have I mentioned that Mansfield is a total dump?
We have a new "friend" that might disagree. But, he is a moron, so I think you are correct!

Shows that Evans' Bostwick comments were a rallying call to their Chairman to push the boat out even more (I know they were after an ST earlier in the transfer window).