Mané's sending off changed the game - for the right reasons | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mané's sending off changed the game - for the right reasons

It's amazing what make-up artists can do these days - Eddy should have stayed on his feet and took it like a proper man would.

I just think what if Mané had got to the ball first, would the ref have sent off Eddy?

I fecking knew it.

"Liverpool to appeal length of Sane Mane ban following red card after Ederson collision"

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-man-ban-man-city-13605614?service=responsive

Still waiting for Ederson to be charged with deceiving the match officials for his excessive reaction to a "light brush" with Mané's studs :013:

Thanks for posting this photo, citizhun, I saw it earlier on Twitter.

There are stitches not a country mile away from the eye.
It's not too far away from a possible career ending injury, and, given the way sport as a whole is going, serious legal implications :048:

FA have rejected the dippers appeal against the length of his ban. Three match ban stands.
Quite right.

Rising - 12/9/2017 03:40

FA have rejected the dippers appeal against the length of his ban. Three match ban stands.
Quite right.

It's despicable they would even dare to appeal. Totally devoid of class.

Actually, BE, I have to confess that if the dippers had to play rags or Arse or Chelsea in their next three games, I would have been happy to see his ban reduced because, of course, it would strengthen those teams prospects.

citizhun - 12/9/2017 16:07

So, no additional match ban for making a frivolous appeal then?

When was the last time that happened?

As far as I was aware that threat of extra game for frivolous was used as a deterrent to stop appeals so that suspended player could play next match while appeal was being heard.

Since then the FA have sped up the appeals process so extra games for frivolous have been done away with since.

I could be completely wrong on that but I'm almost sure I read it somewhere.

It hasn't entirely gone away, BD. I just heard on SSN the reporter mention the FA would not be adding a further game ban for frivolous appeal.

Rising - 12/9/2017 16:35

It hasn't entirely gone away, BD. I just heard on SSN the reporter mention the FA would not be adding a further game ban for frivolous appeal.

:026: I can't recall the last time it happened. Camelgob I think got an extra game for frivolous appeal at one stage, thats the last one I recall, that's going back a few years.

I was expecting them to appeal they are scum my hatred of everything Liverpool is so close to that of the Rags you would struggle to get a fag paper between them.

They are horrid as they demonstrated by booing Ederson as he received treatment on the pitch FFS.

I fully expect them to give him all sorts of sh*t every time he touches the ball when we play them at Candlefield :019:

Rising - 12/9/2017 03:49

Actually, BE, I have to confess that if the dippers had to play rags or Arse or Chelsea in their next three games, I would have been happy to see his ban reduced because, of course, it would strengthen those teams prospects.

I can undertand that, Rising. I'd secretly feel the same. But, it still reeks of them thinking they did nothing wrong. A "big" club shoud have more class.

I even got the impression at times that some felt sorry for Mané as if he was the victim of some massive injustice.

Utterly amazed at the illogical arguments put forward in his defence. The most laughable is the contradictory "he didn't see the keeper coming and was just trying to flick it over him" :013:

The comments:-

"He was only looking at the ball" - irrelevant. As irrelevant as saying "But I got the ball"! after breaking someone's leg in the tackle

"He didn't see the keeper coming" - illogical. If he didn't know the keeper was there he would have let the ball drop and wouldn't have needed to launch himself into mid-air

"He was looking to tip it away from the keeper" - contradicts the one above. If he didn't see the keeper coming then how could have been 'trying to tip it away'

"He has to go for that. The reward is so great if he beats the keeper to the ball, he just has to go for it" - Specious. No he doesn't if it endangers his opponent. The 'reward' is irrelevant.

The facetious garbage that has been spouted about this dangerous tackle has been just bonkers :013:

Spot on, Skoorb. I'm dumbfounded that there has even been an argument against the red. It just exposes the hypocrisy in the media, and the barely concealed hatred that exsists towards us.

Just wait until we play the dippers at Candlefield. They will give Ederson some outrageous sh*t just to add to the crap that Sterling gets served up.

Skoorb - 12/9/2017 09:24

Just wait until we play the dippers at Candlefield. They will give Ederson some outrageous sh*t just to add to the crap that Sterling gets served up.

I'm sure they will. Maybe they can time travel back to the 1800's to find the last time they were relevant.