Manchester City-West Ham United Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City-West Ham United Premier League Post Match Thread

Meanwhile the BBC’s Steve Bower couldn’t resist could he? He simply couldn’t keep away from the tired old trope that City’s success is all about the money. Nothing at all to do with Pep’s coaching, or the players’ discipline in executing his tactics.......Nope. Only the money.

In his commentary on the game just after the West Ham goal is shown, the City subs are seen warming up and he just has to throw in “I have to point out that there are over £300 million pounds worth of options on the Manchester City substitutes bench.....”.

Tiresome and illustrates simply the limits of the commentators who constantly default to the same, tired old messages.:shake:

Meanwhile the BBC’s Steve Bower couldn’t resist could he? He simply couldn’t keep away from the tired old trope that City’s success is all about the money. Nothing at all to do with Pep’s coaching, or the players’ discipline in executing his tactics.......Nope. Only the money.

In his commentary on the game just after the West Ham goal is shown, the City subs are seen warming up and he just has to throw in “I have to point out that there are over £300 million pounds worth of options on the Manchester City substitutes bench.....”.

Tiresome and illustrates simply the limits of the commentators who constantly default to the same, tired old messages.:shake:
I like the line about the size of our squad which all the pundits use against us, which is exactly the same as all the other teams, the difference is in the quality, but you have to be brave enough as a coach to rest players who have done well. 7 changes vs Westham is very brave in my view. Maureen for one would never be this brave against another top 4 side. Pep is doing a fantastic job this season once we found our mojo. When we play the Wolves and the Ragtops more changes will be made for sure to keep the players fresh and hungry.

Well said. Sadly even Micah Richards fell into this trap last night on MoTD.

Our squad is EXACTLY the same size as every other team in the league Micah......but rotating that much of a team against an in form opponent AND still delivering 3pts is a tribute not only the quality of the players, their performing to Pep’s standards and his coaching and leadership.........it is the application by EVERYONE in the squad to execute exactly the same level of performance demanded when they play. No ifs, no buts, EVERYONE delivers.