Manchester City v West Ham Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City v West Ham Premier League Post Match Thread

SKY Player Rating

Player ratings
Man City:
Ederson (7), Walker (7), Otamendi (7), Laporte (7), Mendy (7), Rodri (8), David Silva (7), De Bruyne (8), Bernardo Silva (7), Jesus (6), Aguero (7).

Subs: Stones (6), Gundogan (6), Foden (n/a).

Evening everyone.
Got back at 10.40pm, and had some things to do, and finished off reading the MDT first from where I left it.

As pointed out, no attendance figure as yet, the first place I looked was the PL website - nowt.
Yes, there were a few empty seats, but even so, I reckon there was still 50k plus there tonight.
We really should've been two up in the first quarter hour or so, we know who the chances fell to, but the poor sod did everything right with his final one, but Fabianski just made a superb block.
He would've been disappointed with KDB's goal though - a foot of space at the near post, maybe less, but I think it was the power in the shot that did for him.

We scored from a corner!!
Rodri given the credit by City and the PL, but on the replays shown in the stadium it looked suspiciously like the last touch was by Eric, and I've seen him claim it on social media - cracking glancing header though.

I fear for West Ham - they were poor, with no goal threat in them at all, and a very tough set of fixtures for them to come.

All in all, a pretty regulation win, and it was great to see the legend that is Zaba enter the Etihad stage one final time.

bbf62a83-f8e5-484e-8351-6378915b88d7

The passing of the torch to the next generation of City warriors

Unusually, a good post-match piece from the BBC website on why City fans are defiantly against UEFA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51566859

Well from Simon Stone, a closet rag, that is a fair and balanced piece and the first time makes some small effort to explain our antipathy towards UEFA beyond this most recent egregious action. Although he did miss out fining City £30k fr being 30 seconds late onto the pitch for the second half of a CL fixture whilst only dining Porto £20k for racially abusing Mario Balotelli.

I wish something could be done about this. I’m fed up seeing us being the gutt of jokes about the ‘Emptyhad’.
I suspect a lot of the seats are bought up by businesses. I wish they would put them back on the market, or give them away if they are going unused.

Manchester City 2 West Ham 0
Rodri 30' De Bruyne 62'
FT Stats
Possession
Home 78% Away 22 %
Corners
Home 6 Away 1
Offsides
Home 1 Away 3
Fouls
Home 5 Away 7
Cards
Home 0 Away 1
On Target
Home 7 Away 0
Woodwork
Home 0 Away 0
Off Target
Home 13 Away 3

MotD highlights must have been put together by Gary Lineker. He clearly didn’t look at any of these stats as you would think there was only one team in the game ........and it wasn’t Man City 🙄

Guy Mowbray’s disappointment when Jesus scores is almost palpable. :Fingers:

MotD highlights must have been put together by Gary Lineker. He clearly didn’t look at any of these stats as you would think there was only one team in the game ........and it wasn’t Man City 🙄

Guy Mowbray’s disappointment when Jesus scores is almost palpable. :Fingers:

they were expecting an implosion instead all they got was Pep saying I would like to stay longer, It is a brilliant response.