Home 7 Away 0
Woodwork
Home 0 Away 0
Off Target
Home 13 Away 3

Last edited:
MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Manchester City are on an eight-match winning streak in this league fixture, scoring 25 goals and conceding just three.
  • West Ham have won only two of their 19 Premier League away games against City: 1-0 at Maine Road in April 2003 and 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium in September 2015.
  • The Hammers' 5-0 loss at home to City on the opening day of the season remains their biggest defeat so far this season.
Manchester City

The reigning league champions have already dropped 24 points this season. They only dropped a combined 30 points in the previous two seasons.

Guardiola has won all nine of his meetings against West Ham in all competitions.

Sergio Aguero has scored City's past five Premier League goals - no player has ever registered six in a row for the club.

Last edited:
Buzz's player ratings
Ederson - 6 not much to do
Walker - 6 could do better on his crosses
Otamendi- 7 defended well
Laporte - 7 back from injury and solid performance
Mendy - 6 still careless with passes but did Ok
Rodrigo - 8 scored held the midfield together
D. Silva (c) - 6 not as sharp as he once was but well policed, a few stray passes
De Bruyne - 9 my man of the match, I assist one goal a danger all the time
Bernardo - 6 still a problem to the defence but has played much better
Jesus - 5 some golden chances squandered
Aguero - 7 unlucky not to score

SUBS: Gundogan 6 Stones 6 Foden 6 not used Bravo, Mahrez, Fernandinho, Cancelo

Last edited:
Commentary By John Edwards @
FT
FULL-TIME: City 2-0 West Ham
Back in action and back to winning ways! 🙌
It was a routine win for City, in a game in which Ederson didn't have a save to make and we could have been out of sight at half-time, had Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero converted a couple of decent chances.
There were less opportunities after the break, but Kevin De Bruyne's goal made sure of the victory.
A solid three points. 👍

Tonight's Man of the Match
4fa56271-8ca8-4325-a456-71cec6b6de48
⭐

no attendance figure as yet but it will be a poor one, unless City count the number of tickets sold for the original date

Attendance declared on the PL website and the BBC as 52,159
CITK 22nd February

Last edited by a moderator:
MUEN Player ratings
Ederson - 6
Walker - 7
Otamendi- 7
Laporte - 7
Mendy - 7
Rodrigo - 8
D. Silva (c) - 8
De Bruyne - 9
Bernardo - 8
Jesus - 5
Aguero - 6

SUBS: Gundogan n/a Stones 7 Foden n/a not used Bravo, Mahrez, Fernandinho, Cancelo

Stat pack 📈
I think you're going to like these...

🔹 Kevin De Bruyne has had a hand in 24 Premier League goals this season (eight goals and 16 assists). That's three more than next best, Jamie Vardy on 21.

🔹 Aymeric Laporte has set a new record by winning 43 of his first 50 Premier League games. He overtakes the previous joint holders Ederson, Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba.

🔹 Pep Guardiola has beaten West Ham in each of the nine games he has faced them. That's his best win rate in all competitions as City boss.

🔹 Rodrigo attempted 188* passes tonight and completed 178, both of which are Premier League records since data collection began in 2003-04.

Sky shows this as 196*

De Bruyne: A decent return
"It was OK. I think we saw its been three weeks without football and we felt a little bit of rustiness but we played a good game."

Pep talking to Sky

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to Sky Sports news about the European football ban: "It’s not finished. The club believes it's unfair so we are going to appeal. We are going to wait. All we can do is on the pitch and do what we have done the last four years and focus on that until the end of the season. I trust 100% completely my club what they have done. They explained to me the reasons why.

"We are going to fight like we have fought every single game and day we are together until the end of the season. We are optimistic that at the end the truth will prevail and next season we will be in the Champions League.

"If they don’t sack me I will stay here 100% more than ever. First because I want to stay. It’s something special, more than the contract I have. I said before, I say now I want to stay and help the club and maintain this level as long as possible."

Asked if he'd stay even if they were forced to play in League Two: "Why should I leave? When I said I love this club I like to be here, why should I leave? No matter what happens I will be here next season."

Stat pack 📈
I think you're going to like these...

🔹 Kevin De Bruyne has had a hand in 24 Premier League goals this season (eight goals and 16 assists). That's three more than next best, Jamie Vardy on 21.

🔹 Aymeric Laporte has set a new record by winning 43 of his first 50 Premier League games. He overtakes the previous joint holders Ederson, Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba.

🔹 Pep Guardiola has beaten West Ham in each of the nine games he has faced them. That's his best win rate in all competitions as City boss.

🔹 Rodrigo attempted 188* passes tonight and completed 178, both of which are Premier League records since data collection began in 2003-04.

Sky shows this as 196*

Love that Laporte stat. He should change his first name to Closes.

Buzz's player ratings
Ederson - 6 not much to do
Walker - 6 could do better on his crosses
Otamendi- 7 defended well
Laporte - 7 back from injury and solid performance
Mendy - 6 still careless with passes but did Ok
Rodrigo - 8 scored held the midfield together
D. Silva (c) - 6 not as sharp as he once was but well policed, a few stray passes
De Bruyne - 9 my man of the match, I assist one goal a danger all the time
Bernardo - 6 still a problem to the defence but has played much better
Jesus - 5 some golden chances squandered
Aguero - 7 unlucky not to score

SUBS: Gundogan 6 Stones 6 Foden 6 not used Bravo, Mahrez, Fernandinho, Cancelo
A bit harsh, Buzz. That's the best we've played in quite a while. No doubt Gabby muffed his chances, but he worked hard and was in good positions. And defensively, we were composed. That's a welcome return to form. Lot's of effort out there tonight, even if we were a bit sloppy at times.(y)