Manchester City v Watford Saturday 23rd April 2022 - 15:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Watford Saturday 23rd April 2022 - 15:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Brown on squad mentality
Plenty of changes from Pep Guardiola again today, but at this stage of the season, with so much at stake, Michael Brown is certain those left out will understand.
"Fighting for every trophy, you accept that the squad will be key. You’ve got to keep fighting and show that it hurts not playing all the time, but realising the squad is the most important thing. Pep stressed that. It’s getting more normal for these players."

Wanchope in the building
Former striker Paulo Wanchope is one of the guests on City Square today.
He is thrilled to be back in Manchester and reckons he's score more than a few goals in this team.
"I’m very excited because I'm here with my family. This is the corner where I scored against Newcastle!

"It’s great to see a great manager here and great players and to see how the club is going forward. They’re doing really well. It’s nice to see them going very strong in the Champions League.
It is a massive game today. Liverpool are only 1 point away. They need to concentrate to win every time. When you play alongside good players, for a striker, you just need to be there and ready for the pass. I think I would get a few in this team."

GOAL! City 1-0 Watford (Jesus)
It's a dream start for City!

A Mahrez cross evades everyone in the box, but Zinchenko collects on the left and drills a low cross into the box, where Jesus us waiting, unmarked to tap home from six yards.

Commentary By John Edwards @
6'
Forward planning
City's dream is Watford's nightmare. The Hornets are fighting for their Premier League lives and would have hoped to stay in the game as long as possible.
That's gone out the window now. It's all City as a De Bruyne corner is headed clear.

The start we'd all hoped for - not only settled my nerves but will help keep the anxiety out if the crowd a d flowing down onto the pitch.

They are in danger of being behind my requested schedule of being 3-0 up inside the first 10 minutes 😉