Manchester City v Southampton FC - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 15:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Southampton FC - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 15:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
A view from afar with fingers crossed
Manchester City
entertain the fans against Southhampton at the Etihad, let us hope it is not the Saints fans that are the ones left smiling at the final whistle.
We are the subject of being ignored as there is no space left after the Media have been struck Transnaldoitis, not questions on how can a debt ridden JoMU afford to pay such wages, whilst it being open season on City 356/365 366 in a leap year, but I did notice after the demolitionish of RB Leipzig, that City quietly go about adding more records to those that collate these things and they do make me proud when I read them. I particularly like the one about Hattricks since 2008/09 Arsenal lead a host of Clubs with 11 - whilst Sergio Aguero has 12.
I am not here this weekend Mrs B's birthday treat a weekend away, booked before the fixture list was published, I was hoping for the International break week, but I shall record copious programmes and enjoy watching when I get back.
I do recommend the Matchday show on the Official site www.mancity.com which usually starts 1 hour before kickoff, they usually have former players as guests and it can be quite entertaining especially when you get Shaun Goater, and it is good to see these guys and they talk about the days when they played and enjoy watching City as much as we do.
I will also mention that the City magazine is back and can be viewed digitally via the OS mancity.com and this month covers lots of stuff not to mention Uwe Rosler who is this months columnist.

City Team News - Pep Guardiola reported that John Stones and Aymeric Laporte were still carrying injuries suffered in their games for their respective counties. Kevin De Bruyne worryingly went down and had to be treated in the match against RB Leipzig, he did carry on but was substituted later but at the time of going to press it is not known if he has suffered an injury to keep him out of Saturdays game. Rodri I am told in the same game was substituted but was holding his groin, Skoorb says that it make it was precautionary, but no news on that either. No doubt Pep Guardiola's press conference on Friday might reveal the full extent of any last injuries for the squad. The good news was that Phil Foden got a run out on Wednesday for a cameo appearance.

I'll give it a go, what do you think?
Ederson
Walker Dias Stones Cancelo
De Bruyne, Jesus, Bernardo, Grealish, Rodri
Sterling

Match Officials
Referee:
Jonathan Moss.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Martin Atkinson.
Assistant VAR: Richard West.

Next Manchester City v Wycombe Wanderers - EFL Cup - Tuesday 21st Sept 21:- 19:45 BST

Last edited:
Happy to allow the media to remain starstruck by the Tranaldo Personality Cult ...whilst City continue to progress as a cohesive squad, developing deep roots in terms of our style of play and how we deliver a quality level of football which will have a lasting impact on the Premier League and football in the country at all levels whilst the rags pursue their short-term policy of recruiting aging stars after a final pay day to allow them to stagger from one campaign to the next (Twatan, Cavani, Tranaldo etc) :thumbup:

The legacy of injuries from international duties remain a frustration and I am finding the targeting of De Bruyne increasingly bloody annoying. Hopefully Rodri will be fit -my 'precautionary' comment was filtched from a comment on the OS radio broadcast I think or I read it or maybe dreamed it :smurph: It's all becoming a blur.

It has been mentioned in the not quite gutter media that Pep is planning on turning Fodinho into a midfielder, ie one that spends most of their time in the middle of the park, or pitch. I was afraid this would happen once the full extent of Peps' infatuation with the Greal deal became apparent, that plus GJ9's revelation that he is really a wide attacker, or wingers as they were once known, meaning we are overstocked in wide areas, one thing brexit might have sorted out were it not the nasty shortsighted xenophobic thing it has been shown up to be. Anyway it probably won't happen on Saturday, so;

Ederson, Walker, OZ11, Ake, Diaz, F25, Gundogan, Bernardo, I'm Not Greally Here, RS7, Mahrez.

For anyone in the UK for whom this game is not available live because due to the arcane rules 🙄 it is still not permitted to broadcast a 3pm kick off in the Uk…..

Sky will broadcast the full 90+ minutes at 9.30am on Sky Sports PL

The full match will also be available to anyone with City+ …. within 24 hrs Of the game.

Last edited:
After our 2 CB's are out, thought I would have another go

Ederson
Walker, Dias, Ake, Cancelo,
De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundog
Jesus, Torres,Grealish
First sub on, Fodeno

Another 5 goals would be nice, unless of course the Super Saints notch 6. Unlikely. Need to keep the pressure on the front runners so three points please Santa (not that long until the festive season now so look out Blitzen and Kreig).

I'm Not Greally Here!

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Ake, Cancelo, Fernandinho ©, Gundogan, Bernardo, Grealish, Jesus, Sterling
Subs: Carson, de Bruyne, Torres, Mahrez, Foden, Mbete, Palmer, Lavia, Wilson-Esbrand

We will be a little light on posters on the thread due to family commitments.
I’ll be here. Useless, but here.