Manchester City v Norwich City - Saturday 20th August 2021 - 15:00 BST -Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Norwich City - Saturday 20th August 2021 - 15:00 BST -Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
There is no Place Like Home
City entertain The Canaries this coming Saturday, one of the Yoyo clubs of the Premier, I remember when we had that status, so we are looking forward to entertaining full house and hopefully gaining maximum points from this game, but be in no doubt this is not a roll over game, we will have to work very hard to score the goals to achieve that aim.
Jack Grealish will no doubt make his debut home appearance and I expect the City fans will give him a warm welcome to the Club.

Richard Dunne will be amongst our special guests for this Saturday's live pre-match show www.mancity.com which is available to watch across all City digital platforms.
The show will begin one hour before kick-off with former City skipper Dunne giving his expert view in the build-up alongside host Kyle Walker (the presenter not the player!).
The programme then returns for a half-time debrief and will also round-up all the action after the final whistle.

A limited number of Tickets are still available please see the OS www.mancity.com

City Team News
Out - Phil Foden
Doubtful -
The injury to Ilkay Gundogan (at Spurs, which to many City fans was a nailed on yellow card, not given) has not proved serious and it was good to see Kevin De Bruyne take the field, but like many our major players the Summer tournament has curtailed any form of pre-season, just like Covid did last Summer, however, I do expect everyone bar Foden to return for this match even if just to get some minutes into their legs.

I shall Hazard a Guess
Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Cancelo
Rodri, Gundogan,
Mahrez Grealish De Bruyne Sterling

Match Officials
Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistants: Harry Lennard and Simon Long
Fourth official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Jonathan Moss
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood

Is it on the Box? - not in the UK, but those fans with City+ can get commentary and a full match viewing Sunday.

Next City v Gunners - Saturday 28th August 12:30 BST - BT Sport

Last edited:
I am intrigued……..Premier League Champions for the third season out of four play the EFL Championship title winners ……and it is NOT selected for television? Hmmmm. :unsure: How strange……

This weekend’s televised matches are…..

Saturday
LiverpoolTMFailed v Burnley
Brighton v Watford

Sunday
Southampton v JoMU
Arsenal v Chelsea

Monday
West Ham v Leicester City

Well, well. Funny that. LiverpoolTMFailed, JoMU, Le Arse, Chelsea and the darlings Leicester all feature. Just not the PL Champions.

Go figure……

I still remember our lackadaisical, careless performance against this lot at the start of the 2019/20 season. I hope we don’t underestimate them again.

Mendy will be dropped, interesting who plays LB, expect Red Kev to strat, but not Gundog. Has to be a 3 pointer for us.

Mendy will be dropped, interesting who plays LB, expect Red Kev to strat, but not Gundog. Has to be a 3 pointer for us.

He might choose Zinchenko but my feeling is Cancelo and all due disrespect to Norwich this is the ideal game to get those that are short of match practice to be in the team or play some part.

No easy games in the PL.

Zinchenko please. Palmer in for Gundgan if necessary.

Cole Palmer is basically a winger plays in the position that Mahrez is making his own, however I was impressed in the pre season games, he played the inside left role and did very well, but at this time I would not swap him for Gundogan

Cole Palmer is basically a winger plays in the position that Mahrez is making his own, however I was impressed in the pre season games, he played the inside left role and did very well, but at this time I would not swap him for Gundogan
If Gundog is not fit, then for the Doctor steps up. Top player, gives his all, even if he wants to leave us.

I am not counting any chickens on this game - not after we got caught flat footed against them two seasons ago 🐔

4-0 up as they show the board for the added minutes & I might relax 😬