Manchester City v Leicester City - 8pm GMT Monday 6th May 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Leicester City - 8pm GMT Monday 6th May 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Sharp End opinion
The time has come to think of many things as the season draws to a close and City have played a lot of games, scored a lot of goals and won a lot of games and do not have to rely on any other Club to do them a favour but have their fate in their own hands.

All the squad has been used and to a man, they have acquitted themselves very well over the season, despite injuries to key players like De Bruyne, Mendy and Fernandinho. The squad is so blessed with talent and Pep has been able to convert players into becoming multiple positional to allow for such contingencies that the effect on the ability to amass points has hardly been affected.

There are two more League Games and an FA Cup final to contend, in reality, the atmosphere will be three Cup finals, up next when Brenda Rodgers brings his young side to the Etihad having swept aside Arsenal albeit that the Gooners had 10 men and the manner in which the Arsenal Player received his dismissal was disgraceful and City should be aware of the theatrical antics of James Maddison and the ever dangerous Vardy.

Pep has confirmed that KDB is not available for Monday's game but was more equivocal about Fernandinho.

On our opponents.....

“I think it helps that Leicester play on the counter-attack. Now, with Brendan Rodgers, they control parts of the game so I think he has showed his quality as a manager.

“In two months, everyone has played how he wants them to play – the movement and positioning is well-coordinated. I was really impressed with how the players play.

“Up front, with Harvey Barnes and Demarai Gray, they’re so fast. They have incredible quality.

“Jamie Vardy has done incredible in this league – he is an incredible striker and his movement and finishing (is so good).

“Of course, it’s already a Final for us. Hopefully, on Monday, the fans can help us and we can do what we have to do and win the game.”

City Team News
Out - Bravo
Doubtful - Mendy, De Bruyne, Gundogan

The Officials
Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: Roger West & Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Lee Mason

Next-
bha.ashx
Brighton and Hove Albion away 15:00 BST Sunday 12 May Premier League

Last edited:
A tricky one indeed. They have pace on the break and Steptoe has started scoring again.

We have to bring out 'A' game to this one but I am sure Pep will have them focused and at least they will have had a full week between games.

This game is huge. As Skoorb pointed out, Steptoe is on a roll, so we must nullify him.
:bounce:

A tricky one indeed. They have pace on the break and Steptoe has started scoring again.

We have to bring out 'A' game to this one but I am sure Pep will have them focused and at least they will have had a full week between games.
We need to focus on the long balls off the counter, and we'll be golden.

I know Pep might prefers Kompany for his leadership qualities and experience especially as we navigate our way through these crucial, high stakes last few matches.........but I always worry that Steptoe has his number and can draw a mistake. Will he opt for Stones instead?

Give them a footballing lesson, let Peps' use of 'incredible' be for once spot on!

Mahrez on as a late sub to score the sixth in a six goal thriller.

C'mon Sky Blues!

I know Pep might prefers Kompany for his leadership qualities and experience especially as we navigate our way through these crucial, high stakes last few matches.........but I always worry that Steptoe has his number and can draw a mistake. Will he opt for Stones instead?
Not now, he will stick with Vinnie.

Steptoe is quick so I hope VK doesn’t do one on him and find himself in Mike Dean’s sights.
There are no options in this game, we have to win it and show Rogers he should have stayed in Glasgow where he was developing a Glaswegian accent.
He managed a scousers accent when he was there so I suppose he will be shouting instructions to his new team with a Leicestershire accent.
Today’s prayer for me is that Liverpool drop a point v Newcastle and we wrap the title up on Monday. :bow:

Know what you mean - maybe VK4 plus some kind of contingency for Walker having his wits about him.

After the dippers heroic win the pundit orgasmitron is at full strength. We are facing the greatest team from the midlands since NF and Villa won the European cup. Messi and Ronaldlo will run us ragged and Brendon will teach Pep a thing or two. Steer clear of the BBC and Sky for 48 hours. The Night King is coming with his army.

Dippers praying for a draw now, knowing how hard for liechester city to do a double over mcfc this season. Anything less than a win is what dippers want against city

Right.......it’s our latest Cup Final Day!

Big performance needed tonight - from the players and the crowd. I hope we can generate a massive atmosphere at the Etihad tonight! If the marketing people are worth their salt they will have the place set up with flags on every seat.