Manchester City v JoMU EFL Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg - Wednesday 29th January 2020 KO 7:45 pm GMT Preview & MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v JoMU EFL Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg - Wednesday 29th January 2020 KO 7:45 pm GMT Preview & MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Welcome to Manchester
It is 2nd leg time and we have a slender lead, JoMU need to get to the final and try and guarantee themselves a place in Europa and no doubt Oily will be motivating them to perform, sadly they do not have the services of Rashnaldo, but players like Lyn Gard, Danny Jimmy, Paula Pogba, and a giant in defence David of Gaya, but Oily will play his youngsters with the experience of mighty Fred to tie down our midfield and stifle City's chances of getting to their third League Cup final in as many years.
City Team News
Out
Sane

Doubtful
Mahrez, Rodri

City - connections - none we would like to mention, apart from Terry Cooke who we are grateful for in the fight to get back into the old second division and had we had a £1m which was part of the deal had he played a certain number of games, he would have been an asset to us, however, we didn't have the money and he left us.

Celebrity Fan - I think I will just put here a quote I found the other day which I thought I would share.
"To support United is too easy. It's convenience supporting. It makes life too easy. There is no challenge. It is a cowardly form of escapism, a sell-out to the forces of evil. United fans have no soul and will spend their eternity neck-deep in boiling vomit. City fans retain their soul and will spend their eternity forever reliving the moment their team beat Newcastle 4–3 away from home to win the League Championship in 1968, beating United into second place."
Paul Morley, journalist (1998)[76]

possible starting Xl
Bravo
Walker Fernandinho Garcia Mendy
De Bruyne, Bernardo, Gungogan, David Silva, Foden
Jesus

Match Officials

Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistant Referees: Simon Long and Richard West
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes

VAR to be confirmed or not

Next up is away to Tottingham Hottingspurs in the Premier League

Last edited:
Has there ever been a better time to play the festering, injury ravaged bunch of charlatans masquerading as the worlds biggest, most importantest club?

Thought not.

Respect the tournament Pep and play your strongest XI - put them to the sword, give mercy the night off and pity them as they scuttle back to Alderley Edge or wherever they live with their tails tucked in between their hamstrung legs.

Nothing lasts forever, one day we will be where they are - but we're not so let's enjoy it. I'm going with 4 - 0*.

*other scorelines are available upon request.

The Terry Cooke connection allows the creation of a super quiz question which would make the head of any rag implode....

"Which JoMU player helped City to win promotion that laid the foundation for the club coming to dominate the league & the derby for a decade.....during Ferguson's lifetime?" 🤔😅

Dennis Law Another connection ? I must be missing the point here.
:hmmm:
Dennis never actually wanted to lay for City, he played less than 100 games for City 79 appearances in all comps over 2 periods scoring a total of 37 goals but he has always had his heart at Stretford, a great player and goalscorer but not a blue.

Tevez let us down and in particular Mancini, there were some bitter debates here and some fans like JJ will never forgive him for what he did.

whilst I agree Carlos was a goal machine, he scored nearly a goal every 2 games but that split between the fans will never go away.

I did forget however Brian Kidd, who I admire and was sorry for him leaving the Club a prolific scorer of goals

I'm torn about selecting Laporte for this one - I think I'll make my mind up tomorrow on it.
Originally I thought it was nailed on after his omission at weekend, but, given the result of the first leg, I'm just wondering if he will return at Spurs.

Surely Pep will also stay with Bravo in goal?

Other than that, I reckon that starting XI won't be far off the mark.

Pep has said he won't take any chances with Laporte and so I expect him to be eased into action......maybe on the bench tomorrow with a short cameo in the second half if the game is secured?

I'm torn about selecting Laporte for this one - I think I'll make my mind up tomorrow on it.
Originally I thought it was nailed on after his omission at weekend, but, given the result of the first leg, I'm just wondering if he will return at Spurs.

Surely Pep will also stay with Bravo in goal?

Other than that, I reckon that starting XI won't be far off the mark.
With Bravo in goal, and Laporte needing to be eased back in slowly, I'd feel better with a Stones/Fernandinho pairing. Is Stoney not available?