Manchester City v Huddersfield Town - FA Cup 3rd Rd - Sunday 7th January 2024 - 14:00 GMT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Huddersfield Town - FA Cup 3rd Rd - Sunday 7th January 2024 - 14:00 GMT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
I think City for some reason has been selected by the BBC for this match to be Televised, most unusual of the BBC who are definitely anti City, perhaps they are hoping for a banana skin game, but having looked at the schedule almost all the games of top teams and JoMU are being televised.
City drew Huddersfield Town a Championship side who were last in the Premier in 2019, but are currently just above the relegation spots and one where Pep Guardiola may just make some changes from the team that beat Sheffield United.
We last played the 'Terriers' in the 2018/19 season the aggregate score home and away that season was 9-1 but the last time we played them in the FA Cup was in February and March 2017 when replays were still in operation having drawn at Huddersfield we put them away at the Etihad 5-1 with goals from Sane, Aguero (2), Zabaleta (Yup!) and Iheanacho.
There are no replays for a draw the FA having scrapped them and 30 extra time and penalties will conclude the game if it is a draw at the end of Normal Time.

Players with Connections

Andy Morrison, Denis Law CBE, Mark Lillis, Former City Kit man Les Chapman (Chappy), Martyn Margetson, Aaron Mooy and Harry Bunn now with Buxton.

City Team News
It was great to see KDB warming up on the touch-line bringing the biggest cheer of the afternoon against Sheffield United, but I doubt he will be starting next Sunday as these lower league teams think this is a win win game and tend to tackle harder than they normally would and City with no protection from the referees may just keep KDB on the bench for a while and although I have not put him in the best guess, I do think he will play some part if not start and go off at HT, we shall see. Jeremy Doku and Erling Haaland are still doubtful with John Stones a definite non starter

Best Guess
Ortega
Walker, Dias, Ake, Gomez
Kovacic, Lewis, Bobb
Nunes Alvarez Hamilton

Match Officials
Referee
: Michael Salisbury
Assistants: Richard West, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Leigh Doughty
VAR: Peter Bankes
SVAR: Anthony F. Taylor
AVAR: Matthew Wilkes

Next
Newcastle v City- Premier League- Saturday 13th December 1730 GMT (TNT Sports)

Last edited:
City Teams News Update.

Jeremy Doku who has been out for some time with a hamstring injury is back in training as is Erling Haaland and the Long awaited return of Kevin De Bruyne (pronounced Broon I understand according to Alistair Mann who asked him).

Now the question is should he start these 3 or Just sit them on the bench and give them more time or give them a few minutes out there, knowing the Liverpool game is looming in the distance

We have to get our stars back on the paddock at some stage, I will trust in Pep and the medical team to get it right. Kev should get a run, not sure on the Viking and Jeremy. We have plenty of good players to call on. City should be able to deal with the Terriers in normal time.

In 1987 City defeated Huddersfield 10-1. Ten of the goals were scored from open play, one was a penalty.. Which goal was scored from the spot (1st, 2nd….etc) and by which side? :hmmm:

CITY XI: Ortega Moreno, Akanji, Dias (c), Gvardiol, Lewis, Kovacic, Bobb, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez

Subs: Ederson, Walker, Ake, Doku, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Nunes, Wright, Hamilton

JACK MUMFORD AT THE ETIHAD 🗣️

I'm extremely excited to see Oscar Bobb in action this afternoon.
The Norwegian was the star man in his last start in Belgrade in the middle of December, scoring a goal that I'm still drooling over now.
He then backed that up with an exquisite pass for Phil Foden to set up Julian Alvarez's goal against Sheffield United last week.
His close control, composure on the ball and ability to go past a man in either direction makes him the perfect attacker in a Pep Guardiola side.
It's clear the boss has faith in the 20-year-old and historically the FA Cup third round has seen youngsters grab the headlines.

PAUL DICKOV ON TODAY'S LINE-UP 🗣️

Looking at it I’m quite excited to see Josko Gvardiol play in centre back, that is his primary position.
I’m also delighted for Oscar Bobb, he’s been lively when he’s on the pitch and he looks a real talent.
Pep said Bobb isn’t a younger player now, he’s a real part of the squad. It shows the Academy is really bearing it’s foot in the squad now.

ANDY MORRISON ON KDB 🗣️

I think the manager has a plan in place with him. We’ve missed him.
You definitely miss world class players. He’s a unique talent and changes the tempo of the game. He tries to find the special moment.
For a moment of magic, De Bruyne delivers it more than any other player. When he plays we do get those 4 5 6 7 nil games because of what he creates.
It’s seeing things before they happen. He has such a magnificent technique to manoeuvre the ball in a manner that others can’t.
He’s uniquely talented.

ANDY MORRISON ON SUBSTITUTES MICAH HAMILTON AND JACOB WRIGHT 🗣️

You’re coming into the most successful club domestically for a number of years..
You’re trying to sell the pathway to the youngsters who are coming at 10 and 11 years old, that there is a first team place available.
Players like Rico, Phil, Oscar, they warrant their place in the squad.

gdpbdeiwyaazjc4.jpg