Manchester City v Crystal Palace - Saturday 16th December 2023 - 15:00 GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Crystal Palace - Saturday 16th December 2023 - 15:00 GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
City have got right back on track with a win in the League, followed up by the last group game which had been done and dusted after the 5 round matches and Pep Guardiola made 9 changes to the side that beat Luton, but what was pleasing was the fact that the Academy lads stood up to be counted and City became only the 2nd Team to win all 6 of their group games.
Here on the domestic front, the Official site Matchday Live show (will begin at 14:00 (UK). As usual, The Club persists in inviting guests who mainly had connections with the opposition with Ian Holloway, Kit Symons (former blue too) and on City's side Keith Curle, former City Captain who has no connection with palace. (Although I will say Ian Holloway is a top bloke)
They will answer viewer questions throughout the broadcast, with audience participation actively encouraged on Matchday Live. To get in touch, send a WhatsApp to: +447537186538. During the game you can also listen to live audio commentary from Alistair Mann and Andy Morrison. www.mancity.com

City Teams News

No-one asked about any other player's fitness other than Haaland, I will have to guess and place Grealish, Doku and Ederson on the doubtful list although I do expect at least one of them to play.

Best Guess
Ederson
Walker, Stones, Dias, Gvardiol
Bernardo, Rodri, Kovacic
Nunes, Foden, Grealish

Game Officials
Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistants: Richard West, Scott Ledger
Fourth official: Darren England
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

Next
City v Urawa Red Diamond(Japan) or Club Leon (Mexico) Tuesday 19 December 2023 18:00 GMT - Fifa world Club Competition

Last edited:
Don't think Flash will play, Alvarez should play at 9, and Fodeno wide left. With all the injuries that Palace have we should have a happy flight to the desert Kingdom. Come on City, we need 3 points ang maybe the Rags will show up at Anfield for a change.

Don't think Flash will play, Alvarez should play at 9, and Fodeno wide left. With all the injuries that Palace have we should have a happy flight to the desert Kingdom. Come on City, we need 3 points and maybe the Rags will show up at Anfield for a change.
As regards dips v rags, Penandes is suspended so that might help the rags given his petulance. I would like the draw tbh.

Need to win this one ti maintain the momentum before we go away and not least to make sure we don’t drop out of the tio 4 whilst away at the CWC. We all know what the narrative would be then….

Family commitments will once again take me away from catching the game today. Will endeavour to keep track but unlikely to be on the MDT. Will park this here again just in case: -

CONE ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: