Manchester City v Crystal Palace - KO:- 3.00pm GMT Saturday 18th January 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Crystal Palace - KO:- 3.00pm GMT Saturday 18th January 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Welcome to all the Palace fans
This will be the season where the main talking point has not been the football, but the technology we all craved for so that the obvious errors could be rectified and VAR should be removed at the end of the season and brought back when they have ironed all the kinks out. Far from Manchester City's perceived ruining football I think if we went to a referendum over VAR the Leave it OUT sector would win hands down(see what I did there).

City welcome Crystal Palace to the Etihad, one of those teams that can surprise you, but like most teams who come up against City, they want to win and play well beyond expectation, this is a warning that the City players need to be on top of their game as overconfidence sets in and we find ourselves a goal or two down before we know it. The aim is to finish the season as high as we can and at least in the top four. Can we do it?

City Team News
Doubtful

Laport, Sane

City - connections - Malcolm Allison, Emmanuel Adebayor, Clive Allen, Lee Bradbury, John Burridge (Lol) Chris Coleman(Youth), Wyn Davis, Paul Dickov, Danny Granville, Wayne Hennessey, Michael Hughes, Mark Kennedy, Derek Kevan, Steve McKenzie, Eddie McGoldrick, Carlo Nash, Terry Phelan, Jamie (efin) Pollock (I remember watching Jamie at Maine Road and a fan next to me shouted Hey Pillock, pass it to a real footballer)(my apologies if you are a fan of JP). Tony Skully, Barry Silkman, Paul Stewart, Kit Symons, Gareth Taylor, Stuart Taylor, Geoff Thomas (Fan), Paul Warhurst,

Head to Head
Played 62 Won 33 Drawn 13 Lost 16

Form guide
City last five - WLWWW
Palace last five - LWDDD

Infamous Fan - Nigel Farage

possible starting Xl
Ederson
Cancelo, Stones Fernandinho, Mendy
Rodri, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Jesus, D.Silva (C)
Aguero

Match Officials
Referee:
Graham Scott.
Assistants: Neil Davies, Derek Eaton.
Fourth official:
Jeremy Simpson.
VAR: John Brooks.
Assistant VAR: Adam Nunn.

Next
mens-premier-league-small-purple-3x.png
Premier League
Tue 21 Jan 19:30 GMT
Sheffield United
sheffield.png
v Manchester City
manchester_city_fc_badge.png

Last edited:
Your team selection should do the job Buzz.
I hope Stones plays like he wants to be picked up by Arsenal so that we can rely on him for a decent game like his last one.
Three points for us.

Good stuff Buzz 👍🏻 An unchanged starting XI from the Villa game if memory serves? I wouldn’t be surprised to see a return for Walker, Zinchenko, Gundogan .......not sure about Sterling. Depends if he is being genuinely rested or given the opportunity to see things from the bench for a few matches.

I was amazed at the number of connections!

Woy is always well organised, so we shall have to wait and see. Walker should be able to handle their left winger who hardly ever scores, but is worth 80 Million apparently.

I agree JK he can be very canny in not losing and hoping for tat counter goal to upset the play, but again an early goal or two would not go amiss

Not averse to the odd "tactical foul" either - I still can see Sergio getting taken out at the knees in the halfway line under Pardew and De Bruyne getting wiped out by Puncheon (same location) on New Year's Day 2018(?).

I know only City commit those types of fouls though so perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me :bag:

Watch out for Zaha too !
He doesn’t mind committing the odd sneaky foul when he’s not going down from the snipers!
Walker could be in troubLe playing against him with the way he (Walker) puts some tackles in.

Watch out for Zaha too !
He doesn’t mind committing the odd sneaky foul when he’s not going down from the snipers!
Walker could be in troubLe playing against him with the way he (Walker) puts some tackles in.
It was Zaha that fouled KDB in their penalty area on the reverse fixture. Not given of course. Why would it be.

Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Fernandinho, Mendy, Gundogan, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero

Subs Bravo, Walker, Jesus, Rodrigo, Mahrez, Otamendi, Foden

Pep Guardiola on squad rotation 💬
"We have a game in three days - another tough one with Sheffield United away.

"In the last two games, we are almost all fit. I am sad for the people not in the squad. We try to involve everyone.

"Against United, we played 11 players and against Aston Villa, six or seven new players.

"Today, we changed it again and in the next game, we will change it again.

"Palace are a solid team with incredible talent upfront. They are incredibly organised at set-pieces and they try to move quick and play quick.

"It will be intense but we will try to win the game and secure second place.

"We must improve for the rest of the season."
Commentary By Caroline Oatway @Roline_MCFC

200.webp

King Kev 👑
Kevin De Bruyne has had a hand in eight goals in his last eight Premier League appearances against Crystal Palace for City, with two strikes and six assists.

The Belgian''s 15 assists in all competitions this season is five more than any other Premier League player.Commentary By Caroline Oatway @Roline_MCFC

200.webp

Commentary By Caroline Oatway @Roline_MCFC
0'
Oooh! 😯
Very positive start by City, with Mendy already delivering two crosses into the box.
The latter certainly the better of the two but it was just too high for Sterling at the far post.