Manchester City v BSC Young Boys - UEFA Champions League - Tuesday 7th November 2023 - KO. 20:00 GMT. Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v BSC Young Boys - UEFA Champions League - Tuesday 7th November 2023 - KO. 20:00 GMT. Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
City do seem to have come into some sort of form after being average for a spell and this game is the home leg of the group stages where a win will ensure qualification to the next round, but as we all know, Pep does want to win all games and this is not a walk-over by any means.
The official app allows you to follow all of the action from Manchester in one place. Minute-by-minute text updates will begin in our Matchday Centre two hours before kick-off, whilst our Matchday Live show will begin at 18:45 (UK). They will have special guests on the latest Matchday Live show, offering their expert insight at half-time and in greater detail after the final whistle. They will also answer viewer questions throughout the broadcast, with audience participation actively encouraged on Matchday Live. To get in touch, send a WhatsApp to: +447537186538. During the game you can listen to live audio commentary from Alistair Mann

City Team News
Pep Guardiola reports on the fitness of Erling Haarland says the OS, but then go onto say there is nothing to report as a training session is crucial as to whether or not our Viking will play. At the end of the Bournemouth game Kovacic had a golden chance to make it 7 but failed, in doing so I noticed that he was limping afterwards and this may affect his role of Tuesday.

Best Guess
Ederson
Lewis Dias Ake, Gvardiol
Bernardo, Rodri, Foden
Doku, Alvarez, Grealish

Match Officials
Referee
:
Erik Lambrechts (BEL)
Assistant Referee 1: Jo De Weirdt (BEL)
Assistant Referee 2: Kevin Monteny (BEL)
Fourth Official: Nathan Verboomen (BEL)
Video Assistant Referee: Willy Delajod (FRA)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Bastian Dankert (GER)

next
Chelsea v City - Premier League
16:30 GMT Sunday 12 November 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
This remains an important game, a win will ensure we have a good chance of topping our group. Now with an eleven hour time difference I can watch this live starting at only 7 in the morning. Should be a good warm up for the Chelsea game at the weekend. I will be interested how we go without our Viking.

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias (c), Gvardiol, Kovacic, Lewis, Nunes, Foden, Grealish, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Ake, Doku, Rodrigo, Alvarez, Bernardo, Bobb

Last edited:

Strong starting XI​

Man City v Young Boys (20:00 GMT)
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to TNT Sports: "In this period, I have confidence in all the players. I decide for these players and everyone will be involved.
"The starting XI is very, very strong.
"Young Boys are fast in the transition and are very strong. We will try to move them and go for it."