Manchester City v Brentford - Tuesday 20th February 2024 - 19:30 GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 10 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Brentford - Tuesday 20th February 2024 - 19:30 GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

We have a horrible run of games in March. :confused:
They all feel fecking horrid at the moment.

It’s interesting though - we hear less about the “How do you stop City” narrative now because they all seem to have cracked the code. Park the bus, commit as many mini-fouls as possible in the first 20 minutes, feign injury and waste as much time as you like without fear of consequence.

They all feel fecking horrid at the moment.

It’s interesting though - we hear less about the “How do you stop City” narrative now because they all seem to have cracked the code. Park the bus, commit as many mini-fouls as possible in the first 20 minutes, feign injury and waste as much time as you like without fear of consequence.
Its up our Pep to counter the move...

Its up the our Pep to counter the move...
I think Pep “Trust’s in the Plan” and by and large he has been proved right. He knows just how thin the margins are whether it is against a title rival or a team playing for that one fast breakaway. But he trusts his players and they trust him.

It pisses me off when I hear folk spouting the “anyone could win the league with City’s squad/money” because it is such utter BS. The key part of the game tonight IMO was that period where we held onto the ball for something like 5 minutes. Against any opponent in this league that is remarkable and whilst we had a couple of good chances go begging in the end, that period of control by and large took the game away from Brentford …..but it is not easy to coach players in those circumstances to back themselves and trust each other. That takes time, it takes courage and it takes belief.

Don’t tell me anyone could coach a side to deliver that.