Manchester City v Aston Villa Sunday 22nd May 2022 - 16:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Aston Villa Sunday 22nd May 2022 - 16:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Colin Bell is the King - We shall Do it for Him
Remember and remember it well, when City were appealing against their conviction and the hateful 9 wrote that the sentence should be imposed no matter that an appeal had been lodged.
We have seen the fake news of Micha Richards allegedly saying that Villa will roll over for £15m, we have seen warnings from the Villa Manager, Liverpool™failed players, former players, we have seen Klopp moan again about the dates of their recent fixtures, about the dates of the Villa fixtures, but as Pep says when you have a fixture back log then you have had a successful season. No-one is going to just hand you your Trophies you have to earn them.
I know we will try our utmost to put in a shift and a win will ensure that City will retain the title. Congratulations to Liverpool™failed for the FA and League Cup wins and if they do manage to win any more trophies, it will be because they deserved it. The League is over 38 games and the Club with the most points wins the title, some Merseyside Supporters should remember that.

City Team News
Pep Guardiola says John Stones and Kyle Walker could feature in Sunday’s title-deciding clash with Aston Villa.
Stones, Walker, and Ruben Dias have been side-lined with injury recently, and all three looked to have had their seasons curtailed early.
However, the England pair returned to training on Thursday morning and the City boss confirmed there is a chance both might feature in some form on Sunday.
He said: “We have incredible doctors and physios. They (Walker and Stones) have trained today. We will see tomorrow. It is good for us to have them back.”
Asked if there were any further injury problems within his squad, Guardiola added: “No, I don’t think so.” mancity.com

For the last time this season
Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Cancelo
Bernardo Rodri De Bruyne
Mahrez Foden Sterling

1653062679630.jpegReferee: Michael Oliver (thank you so much)
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: David Coote.
VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes.

Next a few friendlies and the Charity Shield v Liverpool™failed

Last edited by a moderator:
We know what we have to do, I like the team that Buzz has picked, I think we fully deserve the title on Sunday.

Today’s the day ………we’ve been here before…..Let’d get this done!!

Whatever transpires today it remains a great season - semi finals of the CL and FA Cup, out on pens in the LC and ahead in the league going into the final game of the campaign. Oh and currently 32 points ahead of JoMU (NIML) :thumbup:

We have been privileged to witness, once again, some super football and have some of the most talented players in our squad two of whom, Foden and De Bruyne, have once again been recognised by their fellow professionals. Oh and
Our team has managed by one of the world’s greatest ever coaches. Our youth teams at U23 and U18 have retained their titles in style and we have had glimpses of some of the burgeroning talent that look to follow on in the footsteps of Phil Foden. Cole Palmer, Liam Delap, James McAtee among others - the future looks bright.

A special thanks to the sterling work of Buzz and Colin in preparing the MDTs and PMTs. Colin’s post match insights from witnessing home games in person have been especially enjoyable. Outstanding work chaps :bow:

Thank you one and all for the camaraderie and the banter throughout the year - we have become a small (but beautifully formed 😉) band of loyal and faithful City fans whose resilience and perseverance as others have abandoned VMC is to be lauded. We all need that feeling of that ‘safe space‘ where we can laugh and curse (:sorry:) and express our views among friends who truly get what it means to support Manchester City FC. I have been very grateful for your company (& forbearance when I have lost it :taz:) through what has been (& continues to be) a very challenging year personally :hug:

Whatever happens today let’s embrace and enjoy the experience of being where we are - top of the league and fighting for the title! Keep busy until 4pm - have a plan to stay distracted - and I’ll see you back here later!

CTID!

Today’s the day ………we’ve been here before…..Let’d get this done!!

Whatever transpires today it remains a great season - semi finals of the CL and FA Cup, out on pens in the LC and ahead in the league going into the final game of the campaign. Oh and currently 32 points ahead of JoMU (NIML) :thumbup:

We have been privileged to witness, once again, some super football and have some of the most talented players in our squad two of whom, Foden and De Bruyne, have once again been recognised by their fellow professionals. Oh and
Our team has managed by one of the world’s greatest ever coaches. Our youth teams at U23 and U18 have retained their titles in style and we have had glimpses of some of the burgeroning talent that look to follow on in the footsteps of Phil Foden. Cole Palmer, Liam Delap, James McAtee among others - the future looks bright.

A special thanks to the sterling work of Buzz and Colin in preparing the MDTs and PMTs. Colin’s post match insights from witnessing home games in person have been especially enjoyable. Outstanding work chaps :bow:

Thank you one and all for the camaraderie and the banter throughout the year - we have become a small (but beautifully formed 😉) band of loyal and faithful City fans whose resilience and perseverance as others have abandoned VMC is to be lauded. We all need that feeling of that ‘safe space‘ where we can laugh and curse (:sorry:) and express our views among friends who truly get what it means to support Manchester City FC. I have been very grateful for your company (& forbearance when I have lost it :taz:) through what has been (& continues to be) a very challenging year personally :hug:

Whatever happens today let’s embrace and enjoy the experience of being where we are - top of the league and fighting for the title! Keep busy until 4pm - have a plan to stay distracted - and I’ll see you back here later!

CTID!

I will add also congratulations to the Women's team, who also play the Pep way as does the vast majority of team throughout the UK (you will never win anything playing that way) and after a start in which key players were long term injuries and covid problems, recovered to win the League Cup and reach the final of The FA Cup and managed to qualify for the European Champions League, while they were eliminated from the Champions League in the preliminary rounds they were beaten by Barcelona(an incredibly unlucky draw) who were this year's beaten finalists against the mighty Lyon.

Skoorb, thank you for those kind words, but as you know as always it is a team effort in which everyone contributes

Today's starting XI and bench
Ederson, Stones, Cancelo, Laporte, Fernandinho (c), Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Jesus, Mahrez

Subs: Carson, Walker, Ake, Sterling, Gundogan, Grealish, Zinchenko, Palmer, McAtee

Shaun Goater pitch side for Matchday Live
"All these players, when they started as young players, these are the moments they dreamt of. This is the game they want to be part of. There’s no player in our squad that will be tentative about today because these days go down in history. These boys will be ready for this."

Joleon Lescott on Matchday Live
"Glad to see him (John Stones) back! He’s been exceptional since he got into the team last season. It’s a huge plus to have him back. There is no weakened City team. I’m also pleased to see Jesus, he’s been exceptional. I’m excited to see him play."

52b64e0a-cc0b-4794-89d4-a87b73f2b4f5

Clothing selection made; talismans in place………good to go!

CONE ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commentary By David Clayton @dclayton_MCFC
15:32
So, 10 months' hard work comes down to the last 90 minutes of the final game of the season. The scenarios are that if we win, it doesn't matter what Liverpool do. If we draw and Liverpool win, the title goes to Merseyside. If we lose and Liverpool draw, we win the title. If we both draw, we win the title. If we both lose, we win the title. Basically, we just need to win!