Manchester City - RB Leipzig Champions League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City - RB Leipzig Champions League Post Match Thread

Just seen the highlights.
Grealish’s and Cancelo’s strikes were superb as was Mahrez’s penalty (although I can see why Colin feared a Candlefield repeat)
Ake was guilty of ball watching IMO for RB’s first and second goals - didn’t focus on where his opponent was. For their third = it was excellent movement in front of Ake and Zinchenko with the latter losing the RB forward but ir was a well taken goal and tough to stop on the edge of the box.

a 6 was a fair score but I think Ake and Zinchenko were a combination of the blame game, but extenuating circumstances for them both as the guys at the other end did their jobs.

AS usual a mountain out of a molehill. We saw with our own eyes in the Amazon documentary just how animated Pep gets and passionately he expresses himself. To me he is telling his players to do the job they were told to do and making sure he gets his message across. MAybe the fact we conceded three goals backs him up that the defensive work from Rodney and Jack is just as important as their attacking play……:unsure:

AS usual a mountain out of a molehill. We saw with our own eyes in the Amazon documentary just how animated Pep gets and passionately he expresses himself. To me he is telling his players to do the job they were told to do and making sure he gets his message across. MAybe the fact we conceded three goals backs him up that the defensive work from Rodney and Jack is just as important as their attacking play……:unsure:
Neither work hard enough for me, Kev and Bernardo should give them a good hiding behind the grandstand, so they get the memo

Finally had a chance to watch the full match.

60th minute immediately before RB make it 3-2....De Bruyne goes down off the ball near the centre circle, no RB player near him.

Check it yourself but it looks to me like the ref actually clips his right boot causing Kev to go over! Kev's right leg seems to get clipped, catches his left leg and sends him over.

Certainly materially affected the play as KDB could well have affected their build up as they crossed the halfway line. So now we have the officials tripping our players as well 🤯😅

Other observations....

RB's 3td goal came after the match had seen multiple substitutions made by both sides. Might have had an impact on concentration/positioning.

Cancelo's goal - scored after Sterling was allowed to take a quick free kick and although the ball was moved across to the other side of the pitch, the continued flow of the game and avoiding the usual delay where defences are able to organize may also have been a factor.