Manchester City-Inter Milan Champions League Final Post Match Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Inter Milan Champions League Final Post Match Thread

ERLING HAALAND REACTION đź’¬
"Unbelievable. In my wildest dreams I would never think of this as a 22-year-old me to be honest. But it shows that it's possible for a guy from a small town in Norway and this also gives I think motivation to other young people in my same kind of situation playing football in the indoor hall in my hometown.
"Having good people around me throughout my whole life, good people you can trust is even more important nowadays. To have this with my father and mother here is fantastic. I'm so happy.
"I think after a couple of days when this feeling o winning the trophy settles, I'll want to do it again for sure. I know this is how I will think."
"I can improve a lot. I can improve on today, it was a difficult game, I was close a couple fo times. On a good day I could've scored but in the end I don't care about that right now. In finals the only thing is about winning. In these games it's about performing as a team and to get the trophy.

"It's such a big game, the pressure is unbelievable, you all know that. To work with Pep is really special. We have a good relationship and he's helped me a lot. I look forward to developing even more. I'm still young, I have a lot of years left. To be getting trained by him every day, the best coach in the world, it's a good place to be.

"We have to defend what we achieved this season. That's how it works. In a month, two months everything is forgotten and we have to attack it again."

https://www.mancity.com/matchday/fi...-inter-ucl-final-10-june-2023?page=Commentary

feature.jpg

It’s just sinking in now.

A fantastic night for everyone connected with the club - the owner for his funding but also his light touch; the chairman & senior management who built the structure from the ground up to create the conditions to underpin our progress and bring Pep to Manchester; for Pep for his dedication, abilities, leadership and management; for the back room staff - everyone from the chefs and catering/hospitality teams to the cleaners & the guys putting out the training cones, the reception staff and staff in the club shop; to the squad of players who have worked so hard; and to the fans who travelled and those who didn’t or couldn’t……this is a shared victory.

I think Mansour and Khaldoon's treatment of Pep ensured a longer stay because, as pep says normally you don't win the Champions League, you are sacked, but not here, they have backed him all the way and pep has created for us the fans a brilliant team year after year, for that we thank them all, because otherwise we would still be a yoyo club up and down with no sight of FFP

What a night, absolutely amazing, still feels surreal.

We never do it the easy way. I was sat at the Inter end of the ground, right in line with where Ederson pulled off them amazing stops from Martinez and I don't even know who that header at the end was from.

The Inter fans were incredible, every chant accompanied by a clap makes the sound reverberate, it was intimidating, Sean was almost in tears because of our dodgy start and the Inter fans getting louder the more they were encouraged with what was happening on the pitch.

I was happy to see Dzeko go off as he had the better of Dias serially and it meant he wouldn't score against us either(phew). I was impressed by Bastoni too, really did a number on Haaland. Bernardo excellent in the second half, creating space so we were finally able to find Stones high up the pitch which was key, I think.

All in all we rode our luck but we've been on the wrong end of that enough times in this competition so we had it coming.

Just a final word on Ederson, player of the tournament for me, he's struggled a bit to find his top form in the last couple of seasons but his performances in the CL this season have been top drawer.

We never do it the easy way. I was sat at the Inter end of the ground, right in line with where Ederson pulled off them amazing stops from Martinez and I don't even know who that header at the end was from.

The Inter fans were incredible, every chant accompanied by a clap makes the sound reverberate, it was intimidating, Sean was almost in tears because of our dodgy start and the Inter fans getting louder the more they were encouraged with what was happening on the pitch.

I was happy to see Dzeko go off as he had the better of Dias serially and it meant he wouldn't score against us either(phew). I was impressed by Bastoni too, really did a number on Haaland. Bernardo excellent in the second half, creating space so we were finally able to find Stones high up the pitch which was key, I think.

All in all we rode our luck but we've been on the wrong end of that enough times in this competition so we had it coming.

Just a final word on Ederson, player of the tournament for me, he's struggled a bit to find his top form in the last couple of seasons but his performances in the CL this season have been top drawer.

in typical City style BD but the right result in the end, I agree about Eddy

The message worked then :thumbup: - Rising, I do have my uses!

This time I can be the one to say I'm chuffed for the pair of you, you witnessed personally immortality being created.

I hope you didn't get caught up in the transport shambles after the game - I've seen elsewhere it taking hours to get away, that's even if buses turned up.

UEFA messed up again with their decision making.

This time I can be the one to say I'm chuffed for the pair of you, you witnessed personally immortality being created.

I hope you didn't get caught up in the transport shambles after the game - I've seen elsewhere it taking hours to get away, that's even if buses turned up.

Colin I am sure you have a great many uses! :ROFLMAO:

It was a nightmare, had to be in airport at 5 this morning, was so happy it didn't go to extra time.

I ended up paying through the nose for a taxi. Absolute shambles, really shouldn't host finals in stadiums that are so difficult to access.

It was a nightmare, had to be in airport at 5 this morning, was so happy it didn't go to extra time.

I ended up paying through the nose for a taxi. Absolute shambles, really shouldn't host finals in stadiums that are so difficult to access.
Did I hear somewhere the stadium is about 40km away from the airport?
That’s ridiculous if true.

I think my sister, her brother-in-law and his lad got home OK - a photo has been posted on Facebook of the latter pair about it, but I've not heard from our kid - she opened a private message at 7am or so this morning about the transport shambles, but hasn't replied.

Mind you, it was 5am again before I went to bed, and another four and a half hours kip later....