Manchester City - Chelsea - FA Cup Semi Final - Post Match Thread - Match Stats & Reaction | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Chelsea - FA Cup Semi Final - Post Match Thread - Match Stats & Reaction

Yes the inconsistency is there, Rodri booked for stopping a quick free to Chelsea, yet late on in the game Akanji is fouled Gallagher grabs the ball holding it and certainly stopping Rodri from a quick restart not booked of course
Yes the decision to book Rodri stuck in my mind too. How often are players carded for this offence which goes on every single match? Hardly ever. :mad:

Grealish fouled - City had possession so advantage played. Player not booked.

Later - Enzo fouled similar position at the edge of our box - Chelsea still had possession but play was stopped and City player booked.

:shrug:

That was a long day, but, as always due to the result, a satisfying one.

Set the alarm for six, I thought, but it went off at five - DOH!! I thought I might as well stay up and take my time doing things I needed to do.
Made good progress down, time for a bite to eat, it was a bit chilly and windy though. This time we got the opposite end to last season's final.

I don't need to tell you what you all probably know - the game was a slog, a lot of the players are running on fumes, and the result is Trabant, rather than Ferrari quality football.

We just have to cut them plenty of slack at the moment.

Our one quality piece of play in the first half saw Foden just take the ball too far round the keeper, with Ortega keeping us in the game with his keeping.

With the Grealish 'handball', I was sat next to my sister's nephew, and he immediately pointed out the ball was diverted by his hand, just as the guy did to me with last season's final - and, that once the check had been cleared, why wasn't it a corner? A very strange one, with maybe a little bit of luck there.

Doku made a difference when he came on, Alvarez booked as he made a movement towards the ball, yet, as pointed out, the scourge of not retreating ten yards (by all players) continues.

How De Bruyne was given motm puzzled me and plenty of others, Ortega for me would've been a more logical choice, along with Chelsea's grossly wasteful finishing.

It's great that the season is extended by a further week, but the team will need a great deal of careful management until the end, with hopefully nothing serious wrong with Stones - any news?

A very good run home, I was amazed how quickly we exited the car park and surrounding area in comparison to previous visits. Come on Coventry!

arch.jpg

That was a long day, but, as always due to the result, a satisfying one.

Set the alarm for six, I thought, but it went off at five - DOH!! I thought I might as well stay up and take my time doing things I needed to do.
Made good progress down, time for a bite to eat, it was a bit chilly and windy though. This time we got the opposite end to last season's final.

I don't need to tell you what you all probably know - the game was a slog, a lot of the players are running on fumes, and the result is Trabant, rather than Ferrari quality football.

We just have to cut them plenty of slack at the moment.

Our one quality piece of play in the first half saw Foden just take the ball too far round the keeper, with Ortega keeping us in the game with his keeping.

With the Grealish 'handball', I was sat next to my sister's nephew, and he immediately pointed out the ball was diverted by his hand, just as the guy did to me with last season's final - and, that once the check had been cleared, why wasn't it a corner? A very strange one, with maybe a little bit of luck there.

Doku made a difference when he came on, Alvarez booked as he made a movement towards the ball, yet, as pointed out, the scourge of not retreating ten yards (by all players) continues.

How De Bruyne was given motm puzzled me and plenty of others, Ortega for me would've been a more logical choice, along with Chelsea's grossly wasteful finishing.

It's great that the season is extended by a further week, but the team will need a great deal of careful management until the end, with hopefully nothing serious wrong with Stones - any news?

A very good run home, I was amazed how quickly we exited the car park and surrounding area in comparison to previous visits. Come on Coventry!

View attachment 72771
From the MUEN…

John Stones

John Stones has emerged as a potential fitness concern for City after the FA Cup win over Chelsea.

Stones was substituted at half-time during the win at Wembley Stadium, where he was replaced by Ruben Dias. It remains to be seen if the reason for the substitution was tactical or due to Stones having a fitness concern.

Potential return date: Unknown

From the MUEN…

John Stones

John Stones has emerged as a potential fitness concern for City after the FA Cup win over Chelsea.

Stones was substituted at half-time during the win at Wembley Stadium, where he was replaced by Ruben Dias. It remains to be seen if the reason for the substitution was tactical or due to Stones having a fitness concern.

Potential return date: Unknown
During the first half he made a recovery ‘last ditch’ block inside the six yard area and seemed to be in some discomfort afterwards. Guy has not had a lot of luck with injuries this season.