Manchester City - Burnley - Post Match Thread - Match Stats & Reaction | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Burnley - Post Match Thread - Match Stats & Reaction

I think JK summed it up quite well above about tonight.

Nunes did show a few nice touches, and I'm sure he'll be happy he got a full game in, KDB with a couple of very astute pass involvements with two of the goals, and all three goals were well taken.

I'm afraid Gvardiol was skinned on the outside too easily, and it was frustrating to give up the clean sheet, but it's the three points that matters.

Haaland was rusty to say the least during his stint, I just wonder if he'll be kept on the bench for Brentford - we'll have to wait and see.
I think we have to give some credit to the Burnley loanee skinning Gvardiol on the outside. Pep will pick a different team for Brentford who have some big hard lads. Our Captain should come back at RB and maybe JS will go to midfield with Godri with our #3 coming back in at CB. I would also expect the Viking to start to add a bit more biffo for us upfront. Poor Pep will find it hard to drop players who have performed well for us during our injury issues, I will not use the word crisis, the other sides have a crisis.

I think we have to give some credit to the Burnley loanee skinning Gvardiol on the outside. Pep will pick a different team for Brentford who have some big hard lads. Our Captain should come back at RB and maybe JS will go to midfield with Godri with our #3 coming back in at CB. I would also expect the Viking to start to add a bit more biffo for us upfront. Poor Pep will find it hard to drop players who have performed well for us during our injury issues, I will not use the word crisis, the other sides have a crisis.
I think you’ve nailed the biggest changes. Back four of Walker, Akanji, Dias and Ake perhaps with JS in midfield. Erling might be held back again just as KDB has been easing him back into first team action but he would definitley add more ‘biffo’ (😅 great term) against the Brentford Giants. Rest assured Pep will not have enjoyed their double over us last season and will be keen as mustard for that not to be repeated.

Unsung Hero - Nathan Ake. Joined City from Bournemoth and was seen by many as a ‘makeweight’ defender but has become an accomplished and classy performer.