Manchester City - Aston Villa - Premier League - Post Match Thread Stats & Reaction | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Aston Villa - Premier League - Post Match Thread Stats & Reaction

Sky Sports
Player ratings
Man City:
Ortega (7), Lewis (8), Akanji (6), Dias (6), Gvardiol (6), Rodri (9), Bernardo (7), Foden (10), Doku (7), Alvarez (7), Grealish (7).

Subs used: Kovacic (6), Nunes (6), Bobb (6), Gomez (6).
Player of the match: Phil Foden.
For me Rodri was a 10 also.

I thought our tempo was excellent right from the start of the game, with our biggest threat coming down both wings from Doku and Grealish, with the latter in particular looking to have his 'game head' well and truly on.

When Grealish got his card, it looked to me as though he'd got a push in the back first, and should've been our free, but overall it was for me another case of a clown in black (and it wasn't the Villa keeper).

A rare assist for Doku, and a great finish by Rodri, but I initially thought it had gone wide of goal. I don't know what Villa's wall was doing for the second, that was poor and a gift.

Villa did ask questions on the counter, but the third settled any nerves, and the fourth was a bonus. The latter two were fine finishes.

Overall, a very good all round team display, the only gaps being those that could be observed well before the end in the Villa section of the south stand.

I have deleted it now but did Shearer and Richards discuss Darren England’s pathetic weakness in his decision about Luiz? I know it was mentioned in commentary can’t recall if it was mentioned in the studio.

I have deleted it now but did Shearer and Richards discuss Darren England’s pathetic weakness in his decision about Luiz? I know it was mentioned in commentary can’t recall if it was mentioned in the studio.
never discussed, it was mainly about Foden

Ali Mann was going ballistic, quoting by the letter of the law that was a yellow and should have been given