Manchester City 3 Stretford Galacticos 1 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City 3 Stretford Galacticos 1 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

....and there is the old faithful......

“In a week where Manchester City played at home three matches, and we play three matches away, a week where they enjoy 6-0, 6-1 victories. Relaxed, no pressure, no mental effort, everything nice and easy.

"And we played two matches away, difficult ones, where the second one was like a final for us against one of the best teams in Europe, a game that demanded from us everything we had to give, not just physically but also mentally.”

:rofl:

It’s tough at the top José (well it would be if you were there). Suck it up.

Oh......and the Fernandinho Myth (he is the only player to ever commit a ‘tactical foul’) and Anthony Taylor is City fan.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-utd-fernandinho-derby-news-15402520

I don’t think Fernandinho commuted many fouls at all today. One occasion he might have been booked on another day but what the **** are they drinking to make up this stuff?

The ironic thing is that I think he would've been booked for that first foul usually but because of the attention brought to it by certain members of the media and Guardiola marking Taylor's cards before the game he got away with it. Mind games if you will. :hehe:

The ironic thing is that I think he would've been booked for that first foul usually but because of the attention brought to it by certain members of the media and Guardiola marking Taylor's cards before the game he got away with it. Mind games if you will. :hehe:

Would they have been saying this had not Ratboy pointed it out, I though Ferna was fouled more times than he committed a foul.

It was a good point of Zabaleta when he said that Sergio was going to the referee for the foul by smalling who was not looking at the ball when wrestling Aguero to the ground just before the goal. He reckoned that was a penalty and a red card

Player ratings

Ederson 6 - Once again gives away a penalty but was annoyed with himself this time, but he was for most of the match in control.

Walker 6 - not much got past him and had the upper hand on Martial and made Shaw look ineffective, worked well when going forward.

Stones 7 - getting better, threw himself to block a shot marshalling the back to come out and press high up the Pitch

Laporte 8 - has an understanding with stones and making that defence solid, Had Rashford in his pocket.

Mendy 5 - Still not back to full fitness following his injury and surgery of last season and out again this season, but getting there.

Fernandiho 8 - Gary Neville tried his best to get the referee to pay more attention to his subtle fouls, but holds the back and front together. Had a go at Mahrez for not taking Shaw out, by having to do it himself

Sterling 7 - had Young trailing in his wake more than once in this match, should have scored but put in a shift

Bernardo 8 - two assists, all over the place neat one-twos, did well to keep the ball in and left David Silva to score the first. City's third a superb defence splitting cross for Gundogan

Silva 9* - Worked tirelessly all game creating and his goal was a Joy

Aguero 8 - The Silver Fox (with a touch of blue rinse apparently according to Mrs B) - They blamed De Gea for letting it in, but I defy anyone to have stopped it, he hit it with such venom, a really good game, creating space and his goal came at the right time.

Mahrez 6 - Not quite there yet for me but getting better with each game.

Subs
Sané 6 - for Mahrez (62) nothing special but kept Young busy

Gundogan 7 - for Aguero (75) brought some stability and purpose to the side, hit one well wide before his goal which ended it as a contest

Foden for David Silva - not enough time to make an impact.

I'd give Mendy a 6 but agree with the rest :thumbup:

Yes, I was probably a bit harsh but I have seen him cross a lot better when he gets up there and then he wasn't playing with that speed and there appeared to be something missing even though Sané had made way for him.

On another note Maureen was moaning the loss of Pogba, yet i bet they were cockahoop about not having to face Red Kev.

BBC 606 -

How many united players would get in the city team -
Rag - "Not Many"

I'm struggling to think of a single one - De Gea is the obvious one but he wouldn't suit our style of play. Defenders nope, midfielders nope and in attack maybe Martial instead of Sane/Mahrez but there's not a lot in it. Pogba, Mata or Sanchez on the berti maybe but that's about it.

Can't believe we only won 3 - 1...

Taylor was absolute shite today, but we still dominated them. I'm sure he cryed himself to sleep.

Those last ditch wins for the rags only papered over the cracks. Maureen reverting to his default setting - complaining - and rolling out the Wheel of Blame.

I was nervous after the penalty - their tails were up and I feared we were one set piece away from losing the lead.

However my fears were groundless and I look forward to watching the game again. Bernardo’s pass for Gundogan :bow:

I have to say I am with Pep & not a fan of showboating - in Sterling’s case, he really could have done without drawing more attention to himself. That said, the rags need to get over it - in the scheme of things it is the least of their worries.