Managerial merry go round | Page 153 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

.....well after all that he started fcucking about at the back, which was the start of his downfall.

Nobody would deny he gave the club one fantastic season but unless he is winning football matches to keep the fans onside his personality and demeanor was about as dour as the football he eventually served up.

Yes he unfortunately had his health problems and he might have been a completely different character away from football but as a manager and a leader of a football club he was about as inspiring as a dead fish.
I think MA implemented playing out from the back from the get go. Not having a crowd screaming at TJ and Edun to "get rid" in the PO season was definitely a factor in our success.

We did seem to spend a lot of time with attendances of 3,500. I think we forget sometimes that one of the biggest things the Cowleys brought to the club was the increased engagement over previous years and a huge jump in attendances, that has never really gone away.
Will never forget this; incredible achievement raising crowds from 2,000 to 8,000.

Interestingly, MAs very first press conference as an imps manager, he was asked what qualities he brings and he replied he was a people person. TBF the media people that knew him at Lincoln and Cambridge seem to all speak very well of him. I think he just refused to do the necessary PR stuff to get the fans onside if results weren't going well. In that regard he is stubborn, to his own detriment.
A mate of mine knows someone on the inside at Charlton and their view was exactly rhe same - nice bloke but didn't know how to connect with the fans

We're currently averaging 8331, down slightly from 8486 last season.
Amazing considering we haven't won on a Saturday since September 30th.
The Cowleys legacy lives on very strongly

I think MA implemented playing out from the back from the get go. Not having a crowd screaming at TJ and Edun to "get rid" in the PO season was definitely a factor in our success.

Yes and we were still fcuking about in the playoff semi final second leg against Sunderland at their place where we presented them with a chance that to this day I don't know how they managed to miss it.

Looking like Nathan Jones is in the box seat for the Charlton job.
Will that affect Chris Cohen's position with us???

Nathan Jones now confirmed at Charlton.
Let's hope we have Chris Cohen tied in with a juicy release figure in his contract.

Who is next for the chop?
Hodgson or Pochettino? Both got to be sweating.
If they go their payouts would probably be enough to keep the Imps going for at least a season. The money in football is just crazy now.

Who is next for the chop?
Hodgson or Pochettino? Both got to be sweating.
If they go their payouts would probably be enough to keep the Imps going for at least a season. The money in football is just crazy now.
Chelsea, a Gothic rock horror or the Eldorado equivalent of a soap opera. A gift that keeps on giving in either case and goes to show you really can have too many attacking midfielders.

Our striker crisis puts them to shame. A billion spent on players, probably more committed in wages and they still haven't got a forward line.