Man United v Newcastle United | Vital Football

Man United v Newcastle United

t00nraider

Vital Youth Team
Battle of the Bruno's? Odds in favour of the home team for me, although I always dream and we are getting closer.

I expect a United win or a point, they are poor defensively and we have genuine pace in attack.

My opinion will change to a grateful point if Dan Burn is at left back, he's a great centre half but lacks the pace or nous for that particular position.

Manchester United will play on the break as they did against Liverpool and Arsenal. They'll use the pace of Rashford uptop and Antony and Sancho on the flanks . I agree might be best for Burn to sit this one out as I expect Fernandes to float around and try and pull the defenders deep then turn our side playing through balls to those players to use that pace. Not dissimilar to how Spurs ruined us last season with Kane dropping deep and feeding Son.

I'd be tempted to put Joelinton on him. If Maxis fit he can ruin Dalot however, and I'd favour Wilson 's movement against any of Man U's defenders.

Last edited:
"Manchester United will play on the break as they did against Liverpool and Arsenal. "

It will very interesting to see if your prediction is played out on Sunday Keggy.

Man ure had 64.1% possession in their 4-1 win Sept 2021 and 68.6% possion at St James Dec 2021 in the 1-1 stalemate.

Possesion isn't everything in football but it would signal a significant change in styles and attitude from both sides if we are anywhere near them in terms of touches and passes.

I think Howe is ruthless enough to put his strongest side out regardless of previous results - if ASM doesn't start it will be down to fitness rather than doing the right thing by Murphy.

I'd like to see Targett in there as well (if available??) - Schär would be the bloke I would drop to make way

Last edited:
Isn't not wanting to change a winning side a somewhat old fashioned way of doing things ? Most top sides and managers now seem to choose sides for certain games even saying to players you won't play here but I'm planning on putting you in against so and so.

Probably the most confident I've been in years of getting something at OT, saying that it'll take a bit of luck and the refVARee to not shaft us

Burn is at left back and Willock on the bench, as is Shelvey. No ASM or Isak.
I am expecting a draw at best but probably a defeat. I hope I am wrong.

With the injuries being reported to key players, a draw would be amazing, or at least not an embarrassing hiding.

We've played pretty solidly so far if a little too respectfully. Need to get Guimares on the ball more. Joelinton looks dangerous driving from midfield.

We're the better team so far they've had 1 shot on target. Joelinton should have put us 1 up